• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well at least he's honest about what he thinks...

Nehustan

I found a truly Hilarious piece on the BBC, an evangelical talking about desire for world domination...pot...kettle....black, just because we are better at it mate (make a note of this post for future reference :sarcastic )...don't get all bitter.:jiggy:

Made me smile...hope it does the same for a few peeps here.​

_40725020_getty203bodyrobertson.jpg

Outspoken US Christian evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson has accused Muslims of planning world domination, and said some were "satanic".

On his live television programme, The 700 Club, he said radical Islamists were inspired by "demonic power". A US religious liberty watchdog called the comments "grossly irresponsible"....He went on to say that "Islam is not a religion of peace", and "the goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen whether you like it or not, is world domination".

robtex

Veteran Member
I read that too. I understand the club is well funded and the membership is strong. Apparently many christian americans are on the same page as Robertson. Robertson ran for president in 88 but didn't do so well.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Yeah, read that in the paper yesterday. As I was reading I kept expecting his comments to get worse. Was somewhat surprised that they didn't. Other comments he's made have been waaaaay further out there. But, I am guessing this won't be the last time we hear the media quote Mr. Robertson. I just wish he'd retire and go play golf already!

Nehustan

I have to say tho'....he bears a similar look to Dubbya....wonder if they are related?? Must google....

(after all...all these white people look the same!!!!)​

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
On his live television programme, The 700 Club, he said radical Islamists were inspired by "demonic power". A US religious liberty watchdog called the comments "grossly irresponsible"....He went on to say that "Islam is not a religion of peace", and "the goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen whether you like it or not, is world domination".

Unlike, oh, radical Christianity.

We have enough votes to run the country. And when the people say, "We've had enough," we are going to take over.
-- Pat Robertson, speech given to the April, 1980 "Washington for Jesus" rally, quoted from Robert Boston, The Most Dangerous Man in America, p. 29
If Christian people work together, they can succeed during this decade in winning back control of the institutions that have been taken from them over the past 70 years. Expect confrontations that will be not only unpleasant but at times physically bloody.... This decade will not be for the faint of heart, but the resolute. Institutions will be plunged into wrenching change. We will be living through one of the most tumultuous periods of human history. When it is over, I am convinced God's people will emerge victorious.
-- Pat Robertson, Pat Robertson's Perspective Oct-Nov 1992
We at the Christian Coalition are raising an army who cares. We are training people to be effective -- to be elected to school boards, to city councils, to state legislatures, and to key positions in political parties.... By the end of this decade, if we work and give and organize and train, THE CHRISTIAN COALITION WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL ORGANIZATION IN AMERICA.
-- Pat Robertson, in a fundraising letter, July 4, 1991

Oh, er. Wait.

World domination- not interested. World peace? That I'll work for.

kevmicsmi

Nehustan said:
I found a truly Hilarious piece on the BBC, an evangelical talking about desire for world domination...pot...kettle....black, just because we are better at it mate (make a note of this post for future reference :sarcastic )...don't get all bitter.:jiggy:

Made me smile...hope it does the same for a few peeps here.​

_40725020_getty203bodyrobertson.jpg

Outspoken US Christian evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson has accused Muslims of planning world domination, and said some were "satanic".

Pat Robertson is a nut job, but I dont see what he said that was so offensive :confused:

Nehustan said:
I have to say tho'....he bears a similar look to Dubbya....wonder if they are related?? Must google....

(after all...all these white people look the same!!!!)​

Especially when they talk out of their backsides like this guy.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Nehustan

I actually said it was hilarious....not offensive. Like I said...Pot...Kettle...Black. But I'm sure some of my fellow muslims might not like being called Satanic (but hey its hardly the first time!!!) nor their religion. I'm guessing but I have this sneaking suspicion...maybe I'm way of keel in this but...

I am going to try and download some of his rants, looks like he really gets on his back legs and slap his gums with some force.

Satanic, wow! he's one angry man. You'd better not show this guy too much disrepect Mr Nehutsan or I will tell him where you live. Hahahaha.

kevmicsmi

Nehustan said:
I actually said it was hilarious....not offensive. Like I said...Pot...Kettle...Black. But I'm sure some of my fellow muslims might not like being called Satanic (but hey its hardly the first time!!!) nor their religion. I'm guessing but I have this sneaking suspicion...maybe I'm way of keel in this but...

He said radical islamists are inspired by demonic power, I agree, they are. So is the radical "***" preacher of Kansas. I wasnt reffering to you saying it was offensive, I was reffering to the incredulity of the religious liberty watchdog group

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Nehustan said:

Quite; the man is a nut case, and is in fact dangerous. The last thing we need is more upsets in the Muslim community; let us hope they too see him as a demented idiot.

Nehustan

In our faith we have two hands, and three pillars within us. This comes to us via Solomon. Like the axiom goes 'two out of three ain't bad' meaning the middle and the right, but the left...well hey I'll use the Latin, our left is SINISTER. There's no need for the brothers who choose the left path to be 'inspired by the Devil' there is enough of the darkside within.

Nehustan

Ahhh I see now, was a bit busy before but just did some googling on this guy...here's the results...

Pat Robertson, was presented with The State of Israel Friendship Award by the Chicago chapter of the Zionist Organization of America in July, 2002.

capt.jrl12310032140.mideast_israel_christian_pilgrims_jrl123.jpg

American television personality and evangelical Christian leader Pat Robertson, backed by an Israeli flag, delivers a speech to a crowd of mostly evangelical Christians from various nations on a pilgrimage to Israel, during an event of the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem, Sunday, Oct. 3, 2004. Led by Robertson, thousands of Christian pilgrims gathered in the Holy Land to express support for Israel, with hundreds joining a prayer session in the heart of Jerusalem.

I'm not going to say anything, but to say I'm not suprised....well I'm not.​

kevmicsmi

Judgement Day said:
The only one inspired by demonic power is Robertson himself, namely intolerance and bigotry.

Oh yeah, Pat Robertson IS THE WORST PERSON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like I said, hes a nut job but give me a break! Btw, you seem real "tollerant" of his position;)

darkwaldo

kevmicsmi said:
Oh yeah, Pat Robertson IS THE WORST PERSON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like I said, hes a nut job but give me a break! Btw, you seem real "tollerant" of his position;)

Theres nothing wrong with being intolerant of intolerance.

darkwaldo

Hmmmm...

Well, I'm not intolerant of anyones beliefs but, when people try to turn their religious beliefs into policy and law that many people don't agree with, I see no reason to be tolerant; because, they are trying to force people who don't agree with them to live a life in terms of their own morality. Few things get on my nerves more than someone trying to force someone to live or believe in what they don't want to.
If we become so tolerant of intolerance that allow change in polices an law, I believe we will lose our freedom.