• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Went to church

Ciscokid

Finally went to church today. I feel so extremely relieved and I'm so upset with myself that I haven't gone in almost 2 years. In fact one of the leaders asked me if I was a guest, I shamefully told her I haven't been there in two years.

It feels so good to have a church home once again, it is an important piece of my life that I had neglected for far too long.

Someone light a candle. :yes:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Finally went to church today. I feel so extremely relieved and I'm so upset with myself that I haven't gone in almost 2 years. In fact one of the leaders asked me if I was a guest, I shamefully told her I haven't been there in two years.

It feels so good to have a church home once again, it is an important piece of my life that I had neglected for far too long.

Someone light a candle. :yes:
:candle:

:hug: I thought that you had given up being UU since you took it from your description and hadn't mentioned it in a while. Glad to have you back. :)

Ciscokid

:candle:

:hug: I thought that you had given up being UU since you took it from your description and hadn't mentioned it in a while. Glad to have you back. :)

I got turned off one service because one of the members did some speech on something I can't even recall anymore. Sometimes it's not easy being a conservative UU. I've learned though that I'm not always going to agree with the die hard liberals at church but I can't walk away and expect that to solve anything.

I was so happy to sit in the congregation there and see these loving folks once again. I can honestly say I've finally gotten to a point in my life where I can go to church and it's because I want to go there.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I got turned off one service because one of the members did some speech on something I can't even recall anymore. Sometimes it's not easy being a conservative UU. I've learned though that I'm not always going to agree with the die hard liberals at church but I can't walk away and expect that to solve anything.
I imagine that it's often not easy to be a conservative UU. I will say again, however, that even tho you and I often disagree on issues, you have my full respect and I am very happy that you are with us.

If it's any consolation, it's sometimes not easy to be a liberal UU either. There have been many times when I've felt frustrated enough to think of walking away. But what I've learned is the same thing that you have learned, that walking away doesn't solve anything. I have learned a lot about being in community and being in relationship, even with disagreement, through UU.

Ciscokid

Thought I'd post some sermons from the first UU church I attended. I now go to the church in Harrisburg, PA. This church is about 15 minutes from Penn State. It's an awesome church, they had a lot of professors and students there, very bright folks:

http://uufcc.com/smarkssermons.shtml

enjoy!