• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you doing for Summer Solstice?

Bishka

Veteran Member
So what are you doing for Summer Solstice?

Today is my break day (even though I have work later on) -- I plan to relax and not do much housework. In a few, I am going over to the canal (irrigation canal) near our apartment and sitting on the bridge and reading and taking in the beauty of mother nature. My husband and I did that last night and it was stunning! I am just going to enjoy the feeling of today.

What about you?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I got up early this morning to greet the sun (and decided to take the day off of class lol). Later tonight I'll be making some vegetable pasta, and some foccacia dipping bread, and a big fruit salad for dinner (cooking is an important part of my celebrating). Later tonight my husband and I will be having our own short celebration.

I should really celebrate it in true pagan fashion, going out raping, pillaging, and getting drunk. Raping and pillaging tends to be frowned on these days, so I just settle for the getting drunk part.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I plan to go out to the woods, like GC said :), and there I'm going to dedicate the alter cloth I made and my usual offering right out in the sun. Later tonight will be a more formal ritual that I'd love to do outside, but I don't think it'll be a good idea with the neighbors and all.

This is one of my biggest holidays and I'm in such a good mood, the Sun is at his height and I love to feel his warmth on my skin :)

Blessed Solstice to everyone!

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Today I'm celebrating by... typing about 50 letters for work.

But I hope later to take many painkillers, put some air in my bike tires, attach the springer (it's a way of tying a dog to a bike that's safe for the dog and rider) for Zahi to my bike, and go for a ride on the new trail here... God, dog, and back willing, LOL.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
my celebrations were yesterday morning (21st) and the night before. a couple of friends and i did a Heathen sumbel the night before, and we made some offerings to the Sun Gods, and then i did my own personal communication in the morning.

that was my religious celebration of Mid-Summer, my mundane celebration was to sleep for most of it and go out drinking about half an hour after waking up in the evening.