• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Pet Peeves?

Lightkeeper

SoulTYPE01 said:
I dislike people that insist on blaring technotronic music out of car windows when they drive.
Me too! And even if they have their windows closed you can hear the Woofers rattle your ear drums.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I tell the people that try to convert door-to-door that I respect that they feel called by their religion to do so, but that I am not willing or interested in hearing their message. I do offer them some water in the summer, though, and a few have taken me up on it. That's a nice feeling.

My pet peeve is rude people, or people that misinterpret being rude as 'honesty'. There's such a thing as tact! *waves fist in air* Umm... but I guess that makes me rude for being angry at them. Oh, dear.

Racism, homophobia, and intolerance are also 'pet peeves', but I think most people here share that with me.

OOooo! Library fines! Those silly people, wanting their books back on time...

Ceridwen018

My biggest pet peeve would probably be pessimistic people and complainers. I HATE COMPLAINING, more than anything in the world probably. Whenever I see someone who's all down on themselves and all sad and stuff, I just want to be like, "Life is short! Smile, for crying out loud!" I mean, I understand everyone has bad days, and everyone gets sad from time to time, but I'm talking about those people who are just always whining about how much their lives suck, etc. etc. You're alive, aren't you?! What more do you need?!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd agree with you, Ceridwen, that complainers and whinners are my pet peeve too, except it probably wouldn't do any good to agree with you anyway because -- in the long run -- the earth will fall into the black hole at the center of the galaxy, and our species will perish, and all our works will come to nothing, and so what's the point of agreeing with anyone on anything?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Sunstone said:
I'd agree with you, Ceridwen, that complainers and whinners are my pet peeve too, except it probably wouldn't do any good to agree with you anyway because -- in the long run -- the earth will fall into the black hole at the center of the galaxy, and our species will perish, and all our works will come to nothing, and so what's the point of agreeing with anyone on anything?
Sunstone, your appointment with Dr Phil is scheduled for 2:35pm on Thursday.
I expect he'll tell you to go build a bridge:p .

I hate that too...if you've got troubles and you're working on them then fine, but in 6 months time, when you're still rabbiting on about the same stuff and not doing anything to change it, then you're just getting annoying, and obviously you're getting more out of your misery than you feel you would out of making changes.
My motto: If you ain't prepared to fix it, it obviously isn't as broke as you're making out.

maggie2

My pet peeve is with anyone who excludes others, particurlarly religious extremists who think everyone else is wrong and they are right. Oh, and people with no sense of humor.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
MY biggest pet peeve are people who thrive on hurting others without apologizing or thinking it is wrong. I do not mean those people who can not help it because of medical conditions, I mean the people who intentionally have to put others down or play cruel tricks on others.

robtex

Veteran Member
jewscout said:
Bible Thumpers:banghead3

bible thumpers pet peeve...people who only study 1/2 the bible (sorry i had to say that)....

Skills101 I knew an athiest in college who use to mess the mormons all the time. He read their bible and learned a lot about it. Like a history class. Than when they knocked on his door he would debate religion with them.....using their own holy scriptures to argue against their beliefs. I would drive them nuts from what I am told..and he (his name was Mark) said they would lose their cool and raise their voice and such ..than he would set up a next appointement with them whic they had to take to educate Mark on their beliefs and they would go back to the church and work out strategies and butt heads with him over and over...he found this endless amuzing for some odd reason....so if it makes you feel better there are at least some mormons in this world that would list Mark the athiest as their biggest pet peeve.

I talked to them a little when I lived in northern Cali and they seemed pretty cool but I have to say their beliefs are sorta out there.......

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
People who let their dogs poo on the pavement (sidewalk for you americans).

Oh, and Biblebashers (It's what all the cool kids are saying these days ;) )

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
My biggest pet peeve is who leave trash on their front lawn. Ok, so you're poor, you don't have a lot of things, and you may not have had an ideal childhood, but for goodness sake, pick up your freakin' trash!

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Hehe, we have the same problem, but on trains. That's right, people dump their waste in the middle of a train compartment. Just like that. Grrr.

Mystic

I don't like to judge people...because everyone is different, but it is the person who says hurtful things to other people ...for no reason...that really peeves me. Actually I feel sorry for them. Because they must really be hurting if they lash out at other people.

Linus

robtex said:
Skills101 I knew an athiest in college who use to mess the mormons all the time. He read their bible and learned a lot about it. Like a history class. Than when they knocked on his door he would debate religion with them.....
Yeah my grandfather is Mormon. My dad has an old copy of the Book of Mormon and tried to show them how much their book has changed just over the past 50 years alone. It's pretty frustrating to see how they ignore that fact. Good people though.