• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are your plans for Easter/Ostara?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Got anything planned for Easter/Ostara/Eostre/your holiday of choice? :)

EDIT: Whoops, I feel silly. I didn't realize Ostara/Eostre were a few weeks ago. :eek: Well, if you've already celebrated them, what did you do? :D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It's been tradition since my early childhood to go to my Grandmothers house. We color eggs as a family and eat. :)

My girls love coloring easter eggs and admittedly, I do too.

Ðanisty

I don't usually do anything but my father-in-law invited me over to their house for dinner and I decided I might as well go since my hubby isn't here. It would be good to get out a bit, I think.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
For Ostara I did a general ritual honoring the return of the sun's warmth and welcoming in the spring.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Nothing much here; consumerism is rampant. The weather is good and we are a seaside town. The roads in have been jam-packed all day long.

As my wife has just come back from a short stay with her mother (which was very tiring for her), and I need to take our younger son to the airport for 5 am tomorrow (he's off to Spain for another week's holiday), we are just having a quiet time.

Zephyr

Moved on
There was a blot to be had, and now for easter I'll probably just go to my aunt's house and sit around eating while the kids go on an egg hunt.

Meh.

Bishka

Veteran Member
My sister is here -- we are going to go to Church, then come home have easter dinner and watch Testaments (a wonderful Easter movie!!)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Although I celebrate Ostara now, I still keep some of my favorite traditions from when I celebrated it as Easter! Most years, I'd be getting my various baskets ready for friends and loved ones. (There are few things I love more, but this years' finances kind of forbade me from doing so, hehe!) I enjoy spending the day in the sun as much as I can and communing with wild things. Tomorrow, we'll be going to my absolutely favorite place to eat, "Sushi House", with my sister and brother-in-law. I'm still trying to think of what I should get!