• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Are Your Two Least Liked Movie Genres?

What are your two least liked movie genres?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Please pick only the two genres you like the least. I realize that someone could dislike or be disinterested in all or most of the genres on the list, but for the purpose of the poll, I would prefer to narrow down the choices a bit.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My list, from least to less liked:
  1. Romance
  2. Romance
  3. Comedy.
Oh, wait... I'm supposed to only choose two. Okay:
  1. Romance
  2. Comedy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wait... Romance is not supposed to be a subgenre of horror? :D
You joke.
But....
15b90efe97a0b9ad82153d2b1a6d471d.jpg

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubly hate romance can't stand chick flicks.
Agreed!

I picked romance(romantic comedy being particularly troublesome) and other. My 'other' is long. Its extremely hard for me to sit through a whole standard movie. Anything going over that is often like torture.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. Romance
  2. Historical
Romance does nothing for me, and I've always found myself bored by history. I can only think of one historical story that I was really absorbed in, and it wasn't even technically a movie.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. Romance
  2. Historical
Romance does nothing for me, and I've always found myself bored by history. I can only think of one historical story that I was really absorbed in, and it wasn't even technically a movie.
I imagine a historical romance would be excruciatingly dull for you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Romance is boring

History i love if it's factual, unfortunately most should begin with a disclaimer "only the facts have been changed to make the film more acceptable to our paying audience"

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Comedy and fantasy most likely, though romance is not far behind. We can only choose two?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I picked Romance and Horror as my least favorite. However, there have been some romance-comedies which I might enjoy. (It's not something I would see as my first choice, but if I'm with someone who wants to see it, then okay.)

As for Horror movies, that really depends. One thing that influenced my film watching early in life was a story from a film reviewer who was on a bit of a tirade against what he called "mad slasher" movies - movies with a lot of gratuitous violence and gore. This particular film critic (I think it might have been Siskel or Ebert, but I'm not sure) was talking about how he was in a movie theater watching a movie about some serial killer violently attacking and killing young women. He said there was someone in the audience who was talking and laughing about what was on the screen, saying things like "Oh, he's going to get another one! Haha!" As if he's rooting for the serial killer. I'm not saying that one sick moviegoer should ruin the entire genre, but it made me think that I don't really want to watch those kinds of stories anyway.

Daemon Sophic

Horror, and 'Other'. 'Other' would be pretentious and boring artsy movies, primarily anything with Woody Allen. I never liked the whiny little man or his "humor". :unamused::weary: