• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

We are too limited to define God, but if we assume that He is the Creator, so He is behind the Big Ban, He's the Big Ban, He is in everything and all things

godnotgod

Thou art That
His creation is a fraud?
He makes lies?

He makes whoopie, and then becomes so entranced by it, that He forgets his real identity. God is you and I and the entire universe, perfectly pretending not to be God, while playing all the parts of the universe simultaneously and seriously. He pretends he separates himself from himself and needs 'salvation' in order to 'return' to himself, when, in fact, he has never left himself even for one split-second. What he needs is not salvation or 'standing up from the dust', but Awakening, so that he can then remember his Supreme Identity, that you and I are nothing less than the Indestructible Sunyata itself.

Then God can have a good laugh.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
He makes whoopie, and then becomes so entranced by it, that He forgets his real identity. God is you and I and the entire universe, perfectly pretending not to be God, while playing all the parts of the universe simultaneously and seriously. He pretends he separates himself from himself and needs 'salvation' in order to 'return' to himself, when, in fact, he has never left himself even for one split-second. What he needs is not salvation or 'standing up from the dust', but Awakening, so that he can then remember his Supreme Identity, that you and I are nothing less than the Indestructible Sunyata itself.

Then God can have a good laugh.

So you think God is some kind of drunk?

(now there's enlightenment!)

godnotgod

Thou art That

(now there's enlightenment!)

Well, that too. Depends on how far away from his true nature he decides to go and the amount of his deliberate forgetfullness. Mostly, though, God is in a hypnotic trance/dream sleep from which He needs to awaken.

Are you ready to awaken from the character called 'Thief' you now play, God?
Or dose dust still have you in its iron grip?:D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well, that too. Depends on how far away from his true nature he decides to go and the amount of his deliberate forgetfullness. Mostly, though, God is in a hypnotic trance/dream sleep from which He needs to awaken.

Are you ready to awaken from the character called 'Thief' you now play, God?
Or dose dust still have you in its iron grip?:D

Well....maybe you can.....
Most of us have a connection to the 'dust'.

I did not put 'me' in this parcel of flesh.
I am not my own handiwork.
I'm not leaving until I am allowed to leave.

Same for you.

Unless you can come and go as you please.
Care to confess?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Well....maybe you can.....
Most of us have a connection to the 'dust'.

I did not put 'me' in this parcel of flesh.
I am not my own handiwork.
I'm not leaving until I am allowed to leave.

Same for you.

Unless you can come and go as you please.
Care to confess?

Coming and going; birth and death; are all part of the general deception. Show me the path where there is no coming and there is no going. If you can answer that, you will be free of your attachment to dust.

godnotgod

Thou art That

Worse! He's even been known to take on the guise of 'seducer of nuns'.

At other times, He is the Grim Reaper, taking tens of thousands of lives in famine, disease, floods, and direct intervention via his agent, the Angel of Death.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Worse! He's even been known to take on the guise of 'seducer of nuns'.

At other times, He is the Grim Reaper, taking tens of thousands of lives in famine, disease, floods, and direct intervention via his agent, the Angel of Death.

And you claim to have it 'right'!............yeah right.......

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No. Just awaken from your state of Identification and you will see that you are none other than the divine nature pretending to be who you now think you are.

Nope...won't happen.

And there's not much point in creating so many individuals only to have them lose 'themselves' after they die.

Now if you prefer....
We could say many of us will fall short what it takes to go on in the next life.
We could then say, such departure is permanent as the spirit might dissipate.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

godnotgod

Thou art That
Nope...won't happen.

Of course not. You want the game of Hide and Seek to continue on into the 'afterlife'. You won't wake up until you're ready to do so.

And there's not much point in creating so many individuals only to have them lose 'themselves' after they die.
You were not the identity known as 'Thief' when you were born, so what is there to lose? Empty-handed you came; empty-handed you leave.

We could say many of us will fall short what it takes to go on in the next life.
We could then say, such departure is permanent as the spirit might dissipate.
We are neither worthy nor unworthy. Those are just inventions to feed the ego's need for gratification via reward for being 'worthy', and punishment of those who are 'unworthy' as contrast.

Last edited:

John Martin

There are four main levels of energies. Physical energy which begin with the big bang.
Psychological energy which began with the human consciousness encountering the creation and searching for the meaning of life. Scriptures, religions, philosophies belong to this level.
Moon energy which is not conditioned by the time and space and present everywhere. It has no light in itself but receives the light from the higher source.
Sun energy which is full in itself and radiates life.
Material evolution belongs to the first level,which begins with the big bang.
Psychological evolution belongs to the evolution of the reflection of the Sun energy in the body and mind complex.
In the moon energy there is no evolution. It manifests eternity. The Sun energy is eternity.
It is the Sun energy that is the source of original energy before the big bang. It is the expansion of the Sun energy. Psychological energy is the movement of the reflection of the Sun energy going back to its source.
I call the Sun energy God. It is not personal or impersonal but Love, peace, freedom and joy.
In this sense big bang is in the divine plan.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
There are four main levels of energies. Physical energy which begin with the big bang.
Psychological energy which began with the human consciousness encountering the creation and searching for the meaning of life. Scriptures, religions, philosophies belong to this level.
Moon energy which is not conditioned by the time and space and present everywhere. It has no light in itself but receives the light from the higher source.
Sun energy which is full in itself and radiates life.
Material evolution belongs to the first level,which begins with the big bang.
Psychological evolution belongs to the evolution of the reflection of the Sun energy in the body and mind complex.
In the moon energy there is no evolution. It manifests eternity. The Sun energy is eternity.
It is the Sun energy that is the source of original energy before the big bang. It is the expansion of the Sun energy. Psychological energy is the movement of the reflection of the Sun energy going back to its source.
I call the Sun energy God. It is not personal or impersonal but Love, peace, freedom and joy.
In this sense big bang is in the divine plan.

If the BB began with 'physical' energy, what is the source of the original 'physical' material? The perennial question.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
This has become a fool's folley, from Sciencific to religious myth and then to outright simplistic moronity.
~
Remember the opening statement:
"What came before the Big Bang?"
and:
Did it really happen?
~
The moon part is the funniest, compared to the entirety of the entire Cosmotic reality.
~
Where goest rationality ?
~
What a mess exists in most people minds!
~
'mud

John Martin

If the BB began with 'physical' energy, what is the source of the original 'physical' material? The perennial question.
It is the divine energy. It is like water and ice. Water is liquid. Ice is solid.when the ice melts it is water. So also the physical energy is the conditioned energy of the divine.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Of course not. You want the game of Hide and Seek to continue on into the 'afterlife'. You won't wake up until you're ready to do so.

You were not the identity known as 'Thief' when you were born, so what is there to lose? Empty-handed you came; empty-handed you leave.

We are neither worthy nor unworthy. Those are just inventions to feed the ego's need for gratification via reward for being 'worthy', and punishment of those who are 'unworthy' as contrast.

If as you say then all of creation is for nothing.

Now if you want to back to nothing.....go for it.

I'm not going to follow you.
Got better things to do.

godnotgod

Thou art That
If as you say then all of creation is for nothing.

Now if you want to back to nothing.....go for it.

I'm not going to follow you.
Got better things to do.

I have never once asked you nor anyone else to follow me. I have no doctrine such as belief in an 'afterlife' to push, as you do.

The point of music or dance is the music and the dance themselves; not the place where the music or dance end. LIkewise for creation: it may not have any purpose whatsoever other than its own presence. Of what use is a kaleidescope other than the delight it brings in being what it is? To conjecture a purpose for creation is only to spin your wheels in fantasy.

There is nothing to believe; nothing to get. There is only this eternal Present Moment, and you are it.

Now go dance.