• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What could we do without?

slave2six

Substitious
Some accounts affect the faith more than others. If, for example, one was to remove the accounts of Samson or Deborah, that would not have much impact on the faith itself.

My question is this. What would happen to the faith if the account of Adam & Eve and the fall of man was not there? Could the faith still stand?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
My question is this. What would happen to the faith if the account of Adam & Eve and the fall of man was not there?
I believe it would continue, probably in a better position as literalists would have less fear of evolution. :D
Could the faith still stand?
Yes. Probably in a much better stance. :)

elisheba

as a famous reb said ...evolution causes disrespect toward parents - they are viewed as a little closer to monkeys in stead of closer to Moses

archarch

nothing is for certain everything is changing and thats it go and do your best .i have a question and the question is this ,what would you do if you woke up in a country you were not born in and had to make a life.

dantech

Well, it is said that if you remove or change even one vowel from the Torah, then the whole Torah is not worth anything....

So by removing the whole story of Adam and Eve, which is in the Torah, you would pretty much be destroying the faith... I think...