• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do the Qu'ran and Hadiths say about warring siblings?

ronki23

So my father was one of 8 siblings and he, and 3 other siblings, died a long time ago. 3 of the surviving siblings have my grandparents' inheritance while the other 5 don't, and 2 of those 3 are trying to take further money from the families of the other 3 siblings. So it's a war between 4 or 5 siblings.

What does Islam say about it and what I should do?

mahmoud mrt

Islam Prohibits war between siblings , it's a major sin.

Like the two sons of Adam mentioned in the holy Qur'an, the good brother did not try to return the hostility from his brother, and advised him to stop the hostility, Even though he knew his brother told him he will kill him, he never even threatened to kill his brother in retaliation.

So bottom-line, Islam orders each brother to stop the hostilities even if this means injustice towards him or losing money, because family's relation and bond is A top Priority in Islam as mentioned clearly in the holy Qur'an & Hadiths, and even justice or fair retaliation is a much lower priority compared to it.

Last edited:

chris baron

i have the same thing in my family. i just bow out and put my trust in Allah. i think these types of circumstances are a test. Allah will provide. Allah is with he patient. Allah has power over all things.