• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you like about the UU church?

hannahrose1209

*~Forever Wondering~*
I grew up partially in th UU church. To that I am thankful. My dad is Southern Baptist and took me to all the church service when I was with him. My parents are divorced and my mom is UU. I am thankful because the UU church was ALWAYS a warm and open place for me to grow spiritually. If it weren't for the UU church I don't think I would be as open minded about religion and everything as I am. I can't imagine being any happier being able to see a whole picture and not a narrow little strip!! LOL! So what are your great experiences??

applewuud

I'm in it for the ideas.

Fellowship, community, ceremonies...other churches have those, sometimes better. But the ideas that come from the pulpit, from the UU World magazine, from the long line of UU thinkers and dreamers, the ideas that make sense in light of the way my life has gone through many other spiritual paths, these I've only found in Unitarian Universalism. My happiest church moments have been in adult education classes on Sunday mornings, learning something new and discussing ideas with about ten other people who have different ideas, but are like-minded in their rejection of the idea that God spoke completely and finally for all time during the Bronze age.