• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do You See Right Now?

MSizer

MSizer
I'm in a chemical lab at the moment. There are a bunch of electronic measuring devices which I have no idea how to operate. There is also a large cabinet which houses the computers that monitor the mixers and heaters out in the plant area (some of which I can see through a window beside me). I can see two mixers from here, which are cylindrical, about maybe 12 feet in diameter, and guys pour some white powder into them and some liquids which I have no clue what they are. There are a bunch of little capped beakers containing semi-transparent fluids of various colours on the counter near me. The yellow one looks like a urine sample, although I'm quite sure it is not. The hum from the computer cabinet is loud and annoying.

This is not my office. I'm working on a computer in one of the chemical labs onsite.

Anyone esle in a unique place right now?

Mike.

KatNotKathy

I see my computer, 1000 points of Iron Hands space marines, 1500 points of Lizardmen, and about 1500 points of mostly-unassembled Vampire Counts and Bretonnians (which I'm just converting into Blood Knights, because **** paying 90 bucks for 5 hard-to-assemble metal models, even if they do look amazing). Also, a huge heap of empty sprues, like 30ish little bottles of acrylic paint, a big jug of liquitex black gesso, a couple pallets and a cup full of paintbrushes. Also an exacto knife and like a million empty tubes of superglue.

It's Warhammer time.

Edit: Current project: finish basing and touching up (and probably highlighting the crest) on this skink priest w/ cloak of feathers. I have named him Stabby McDoublejavelin.
1z354k5.jpg

Edit2: size reference with Stabby, my Engine of the Gods, and a quarter. That thing is going to take forever to paint, and I'm not even finished assembling it.
14iof82.jpg

Last edited:
I look out my window and see someone walking a corgi and a few other people just hanging out and walking off in an drunken stupor.

Alceste

Vagabond
I see my bedroom, and out the bedroom window I see grandma's vegetable garden peeking out from behind a bright yellow forsythia that is glowing in the sun. Beyond that, the woods (cedar, spruce, alder and holly). Beyond that, the ocean. It's enough to make a gal want to go for a walk...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I sit in a room with my projects spread out on the ample desk adjacent my computer table. I see a drying BBQ spatula with a new coat of Varathane on its rosewood handle. To the right of it is a large sandstone rock (12" x 14") that I have seated two adorable garden elves on, as well as reattached a bridge that fell off over the winter. One of the young ladies has had her crystal ball reseated and she looks quite satisfied. The two are locked in what looks like a studied conversation.

A hummingbird is flitting about the window and I see the sun shining brightly through an Arbutus tree in the yard. There is a little "wet nose" standing on the other side of the fence (again), looking for a treat. I may get up and feed her a small potato is she sticks around. Beyond that, a neighbor's very large Japanese Cherry is now in full bloom and the stately evergreens behind her house are, as always, reaching for the sky.

I hear what sounds like a hawk making peculiar noises, among the steady chirps and tweets of the dozen or so types of birds, winging their way from one spot to another. Their feeders are currently being besieged by several of their kind. I wonder who will get theirs first?

It's a warm day, perhaps 12 C and we have a very high cloud forming. To my right, there is a bed of approximately 1200 Daffodil's stretching their brilliant faces towards the sky in jubilant yellow unison. Their friends, the tulips are getting ready to bloom. There is a lovely peach coloured one in the bed behind this tastefully cedar-sided building that houses endless machinations and perpetual intrigue.

It's a pretty special place and those of you who can, look through my eyes and drink your fill of the splendor. There’s plenty of you as “I” don’t take up too much space.

gnomon

Right now I see a computer monitor.

Now I see "Right now I see a computer monitor."

Looking to my left I see an empty Taco Bell cup, a jar of Milky Way's, an empty Coke can.....man this is getting healthy.....The Origins and History of Consciousness, Michael Palin's DVD set for Sahara.

To my right.....cigarettes. Getting healthy again. Family Guy on the TV. Three movies I rented.

Looking up. The ceiling. Down on the wall a little. A framed picture showing a fat cat capsizing.

Looking down. I see me!

Man I'm boring.

Circle_One

Right now I see my bedroom, two walls lined with DVDs, one with books, and my TV in between the cabinets (the fourth wall is the one my bed rests against).

I see my laptop, surrounded by books. I see Ovid's Metamorphoses, Homer's Odyssey, Mythology: Contemporary Approaches to Classical and World Myths by Eva Thury & Margaret Devinney and Greek art and Archeology by John Pedley.

I see my brain turning to mush.

I see two cats. One black and white, lying on his back, one grey purring at my side.

I also see ... 19 empty bottles of Pepsi and a pack of smokes.