• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think of the "visitors section" at UUA?

applewuud

At the uua.org website, they've revamped it totally and the opening page has 4 buttons, one of which is labeled "visitors". There are various "beliefs within" links that consist of short paragraphs aimed at Christians, atheists, Hindus, Buddists, Jews, even Muslims. My initial impression is that this is a lot cleaner for someone doing a search to find out info about UUism online than the old site was.

Another change: they've totally dumped their forum, as far as I can tell. (Which is good...it was basically hanging there, with people asking questions that weren't responded to for weeks at a time.) I wonder if they'd consider adding a link to RF somewhere in there?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I like the new layout. As you said, it's a lot cleaner to navigate, and having the 'Beliefs Within Our Faith' section allows visitors a clearer perspective of Unitarian Universalism, and its various approaches; Christian, Islamic, atheist, Hindu, etc.

des

I have nothign to compare it to, having never seen it before. But I really do like it. I didn't particularly like the percentages thing, something like 9% consider themselves Christian, or something on that order. I think it implies that, well, since there aren't too many... Or maybe that is the point.

--des

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
You might offer them a "Private Forum". We do this for Scuba agencies and Manufacturers on ScubaBoard and it is WELL received.

uumckk16

I saw the new version of the site yesterday and was super excited about it. It looks so much better and more professional!

Did they do away with the forum? I used to hang out there a lot. Got tired of it after a while though, a lot of the time it was fundies coming in and telling us we were wrong...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
20,000 pages. :) The company that was hired to create the CMS to handle the new web content says that the UUA project was/is just about the biggest project they've ever faced.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
There are not yet many people who connect strongly with Islam within Unitarian Universalism: only 0.1 percent of our current members identify as Muslim. Despite these small numbers, our congregations offer a warm welcome to anyone of the Islamic faith.
Heh. :D

applewuud

So, Jamaesi, that makes you one in a thousand (or 2,000, depending on how many UUs there are):) .

The Starr King seminary in Berkley has a UU Muslim scholar-in-residence (although he's on leave of absence this year, I believe). I wonder what kinds of dialogues that might lead to in the future?

Littledragon

Questing Dragon
I like it! It's a simple way to tell people you belong here. I've thought of going to a UU church before, but work is always in the way.

Sweet water and light laughter
Littledragon