• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think?

Dezzie

Okay so... this question has risen the past couple days and I want to see what you guys think. What is believed to happen (between Christians and Buddhists) when they worship together? Can they? Do they think differently?

I believe that overall, it depends on the person. Some Christians may think that they can not worship with any one of another religion (because to them, there is only one God worth worshipping). Some may think differently. One thing I have noticed though are true Buddhist's are very open with other people. They seem to be more apt to worship with someone of another Faith. (What I mean by worshipping would be praying and doing other religious activites together).

Just wanted to see what you guys think about it...

Dezzie

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I see a lot of similarities between most religions and faiths. There are differences, too- Sometimes minor and at times, major.
But there seems to be one recurring theme- most religions seem to be about making each individual into a better person- using different means. And also acknowledgement of limitations.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I think the Buddha and Jesus were on the same page.
Jesus comes in a wrapping that I get. On the other hand, for me, Eastern thought and Buddhism is somewhat alien. I don't get it. However from what I can discern, it seems to me that from Hinduism to Islam pretty much the same message is coming out of most religions albeit in different cultural garb.
I can see no problem in worshipping with anyone.

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
I see no problem with Christians and Buddhists worshipping together. I think that nothing would please God more than to see His children of different faith traditions praying as one. What better way could there be to initiate a lasting world peace?

Dezzie

I see no problem with Christians and Buddhists worshipping together. I think that nothing would please God more than to see His children of different faith traditions praying as one. What better way could there be to initiate a lasting world peace?

Do you see all Christian's being okay with it? Or all Buddhist's? Trust me... I agree with you that unity is one of the best ways... but is it within everybody?

I see more Buddhists being okay with it. Christians often fall prey to pride, not the religion's fault, but a fault of the western mind, it is taught pride before most things.

Dezzie

I see more Buddhists being okay with it. Christians often fall prey to pride, not the religion's fault, but a fault of the western mind, it is taught pride before most things.

Yeah... that's the way I see it too. I tend to see a lot more Christians not being okay with it because they think their God (the only God they can worship) would look down upon them when they worship with those who believe in another God(s). It probably does have a lot more to do with the Western mind.