• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does it take to be a part of heaven when we die?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
A continue of my other post, but this time the question is.
What does it take to realize (enter heaven/paradise) ? In your owen understanding and words :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hmm. I see it as we each may have some kind of mission to achieve, even if it just involves learning. The thing is though, we are never told what the mission is.

I was once playing a Final Fantasy video game, where in times of stress and the heat of the moment, characters would learn their purpose a bit better. They would then become stronger and more enlightened, with a clearer focus. Wonder if real spiritual life works that way.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hmm. I see it as we each may have some kind of mission to achieve, even if it just involves learning. The thing is though, we are never told what the mission is.

I was once playing a Final Fantasy video game, where in times of stress and the heat of the moment, characters would learn their purpose a bit better. They would then become stronger and more enlightened, with a clearer focus. Wonder if real spiritual life works that way.
Life as a school for becoming enlightened? Sound pretty close to my understanding too, the school for me is the Cultivation of Falun Gong.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Life as a school for becoming enlightened? Sound pretty close to my understanding too, the school for me is the Cultivation of Falun Gong.

You may already know that I'm Hindu. I used to say "Seeker studying Hinduism", but after a few chats with others, I feel more ready to call things for what they may be.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I don't think heaven is solely in the intellect. Understanding sits in the heart and springs forth in actions. When the truth comes you grab hold of it with all your might. Yet everyone is so sure of the truth they claim hold to.

The best I can tell is that heaven brings peace in the heart, rest in the soul, it holds no bitter judgment, seeks to make the best outcomes, takes no pleasure in doom, is only satisfied with what is right.

I always think as my rule, if there ain't no peace in it, it probably isn't right, or true.
That keeps me in line.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
What does it take to realize (enter heaven/paradise) ? In your owen understanding and words :)

I see it is obtaining spiritual virtues, as such heaven and hell can be lived now, heaven in nearness to God in Virtue, hell is remoteness.

Life and death is a transition in the state of being we have obtained in this life.

The Bible talks of this transition as being born again in this life, being born into the spirit by our choices in virtue and obedience to God.

Regards Tony

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Pretty much, it just takes dying. As to what, specifically, our heavenly reward will consist of, that's all dependent upon the kind of life we lived. Greater love, devotion and commitment to God and to one's fellow human beings will merit greater rewards in Heaven. Only those who willingly stand before God and tell Him face to face that they want nothing to do with Him will be excluded from Heaven.

Last edited:

syo

When we die, we reincarnate.

We experience heaven when we are alive.

At least, according to my pagan religion. :)

Super Universe

Defender of God

Heaven is not the next level. We have 11 levels to get through before we can go to heaven.

If you want to make it, you should do what Jesus did. He helped strangers with no expectation of getting anything in return.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Heaven is not the next level. We have 11 levels to get through before we can go to heaven.

If you want to make it, you should do what Jesus did. He helped strangers with no expectation of getting anything in return.
I do not cultivate the teaching of Jesus, but anyway i dont expect much in return :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You don't cultivate the teaching of Jesus? Do you have something better?

You don't expect much in return? But you expect something.
The the teaching i am cultivating is called Falun Gong.
What should i expect? When i Said i dont expect much, it's a figur of speech. Was not meant as litterarly

Super Universe

Defender of God
The the teaching i am cultivating is called Falun Gong.
What should i expect? When i Said i dont expect much, it's a figur of speech. Was not meant as litterarly

Self control and self understanding are very important elements towards the goal of reaching heaven but they are not the only ones. If you only know about yourself what can you do for others or the universe?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ah the realms.

I've already been in heaven no doubt. Then Ill find myself going through hell for a while, and then make a return back to heaven. Most of my time seems to be spent in purgatory. Not great and not terrible rest assured I'll be getting around a lot. ;O)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Self control and self understanding are very important elements towards the goal of reaching heaven but they are not the only ones. If you only know about yourself what can you do for others or the universe?
Not sure i understand what you ask here. What do you mean by only know about my self?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What does Falun Gong teach you about the universe?
With use of my own words and understanding of the teaching.
A lot actually but not in the way human science speak of the universe.
The teaching speak of many dimensions with many different form of life within each dimension, this human physical realm is the only one that has a physical body, other realm are not physical in the sense we humans understand as physical.
The Cosmos we are in are created for us human beings to be able to repay karma by physical and mental suffering. Without a physical body we would not be able to repay our wrongdoing from the past. The only way we can get access to heavenly realm is by Cultivation of mind and body in a spiritual path (not only Falun Gong).

The teaching is wast so it would have been a very long post og i was to speak about everything within it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
With use of my own words and understanding of the teaching.
A lot actually but not in the way human science speak of the universe.
The teaching speak of many dimensions with many different form of life within each dimension, this human physical realm is the only one that has a physical body, other realm are not physical in the sense we humans understand as physical.
The Cosmos we are in are created for us human beings to be able to repay karma by physical and mental suffering. Without a physical body we would not be able to repay our wrongdoing from the past. The only way we can get access to heavenly realm is by Cultivation of mind and body in a spiritual path (not only Falun Gong).

The teaching is wast so it would have been a very long post og i was to speak about everything within it.

Human science has a primitive understanding of the universe. The problem with human scientists is that they ALWAYS put their desires first. They don't see and then conclude, they decide first and then look for evidence of their decision. That is why they have so many things wrong.

There are eleven dimensions of space/time, although my definition of the word dimensions is not the same as the one scientists accept. Think of a one dimensional string in the shape of a loop, or, hula hoop. This loop flips as it moves through the void. What would be the difference between this loop and a spherical particle?

There are also many universes, more than can be counted. They all exist in the same space, not one on top of the other but each in the exact same area. Think of the universe as the Matrix, just like in the movie. God is the main computer and the main program is "The Universe." So, you could have many copies of the main program running on your computer while the main timeline is untouchable, viewable only.

Karma is a Hindu idea. Like all revelation the idea is somewhat correct and somewhat incorrect. You don't have to pay for your previous life wrongdoing. How could you if you don't even know what you did? But sometimes beings ascend and have to return to start the process over again, not necessarily because of something you did. The universal ascendance process is imperfect.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!

In my understanding, based on my Biblical worldview is that to be in God’s presence in Heaven we need to be pure and free from the stain of sin. We can never be that way because we sin everyday. So , because God loves us and wants us to go to Heaven and be with Him for eternity, He found a way to cleanse of of sins. He came to earth in a human form to die for all of our sins. It’s a gift that is freely given. But in order to receive that gift, you must believe that Jesus did what He did. To get to the Father, you must go through His Son.