• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to Soloman's gold

Awoon

Was it all in the holy of holies when the Romans destroyed the temple in Jerusalem and they got it?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Was it all in the holy of holies when the Romans destroyed the temple in Jerusalem and they got it?

It was the babylonians who stole the gold from the original Temple built by solomon. And while they were in captivity in Babylon, the prophet Daniel records how the sacred utensils were being used by Belshazzar and his partying guests in his palace.

The temple destroyed by the romans in 70ce was a re-built temple by King Herod, not solomon.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
It was the babylonians who stole the gold from the original Temple built by solomon. And while they were in captivity in Babylon, the prophet Daniel records how the sacred utensils were being used by Belshazzar and his partying guests in his palace.

The temple destroyed by the romans in 70ce was a re-built temple by King Herod, not solomon.

Or you could say that Constantine confiscated it when he instated his decree that all "Gold idols" that were not Christian be confiscated. Jewish Gold would be considered under the jurisdiction of Roman rule at the time, and could also be considered "idolatrous" as well in my opinion.

However, I would agree that the above quote would be more accurate considering timelines and historical context.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Archaeologists would disagree with you.

It depends on who ever the Archaeologists are, most say it never happened, but those who are looking to prove the story true, will find anything and make it sound that the story was true, they believe the bible literally, so that is what they will believe they have found.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
It depends on who ever the Archaeologists are, most say it never happened, but those who are looking to prove the story true, will find anything and make it sound that the story was true, they believe the bible literally, so that is what they will believe they have found.

lol

next time you visit the british museum, be sure to visit the mesopotamia exhibition....

the artifacts are not made of plastic :D

psychoslice

Veteran Member
lol

next time you visit the british museum, be sure to visit the mesopotamia exhibition....

the artifacts are not made of plastic :D

LOL, and the artifacts don't prove that he was real, that is in the way the Christians believe.

nash8

LOL, and the artifacts don't prove that he was real, that is in the way the Christians believe.

Lol, so in order to be real, something has to exactly in the way a specific group of people portray him/her... BRILLIANT :facepalm:

If there is just ONE CHRISTIAN that portrays him in the way that archeologist portray him your entire argument falls flat on it's face.

Ignorant people are still ignorant regardless of the religion that they follow. Ignorance knows no race, creed, ethnicity, religion, nor philosophy. ;)

nash8

When was this proven and how?

Was it also proven that 95% of all historical figures in history were completely fictional as well?

I wonder the same thing when people claim historical figures were all fictional. I guess 95% of the people that lived in the first 1000 years A.D. and prior didn't really exist. ;)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I was watching a show on one of the Discovery channels. They've come pretty close to proving King David existed, so that would mean that Solomon existed, as well.

jetson

The Babylonians took the treasures of Judah when they conquered it. Even the treasures of the temple. Remember the story in Babylon when the king was going to use the Gold utensils at a banquet and saw the writing on the wall.