• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if God is Nothing

Kowalski

A curious concept ? perhaps not. Those who followed my ' What is God' thread will be familiar with my thinking. Now extending this a little, we can think in cosmic terms.
Given that 90% of the universe is empty space, and theoretical dark energy and dark matter, then the concept that God = nothing may be relevant. I'm guided in some of this thought by the movie' Event Horizon', where some difficult issues regarding the nature of hell and the darkness in humans is addressed, so here is something to consider.

I felt that this was important enough to allow me to do so. relevance from Event Horizon, a movie ? yes, I think this is the closest to truth as you will get regarding the Universe,God and existence.

WEIR

" I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much

older. I watched the Beginning and I

will see the End. I am the dark behind

the stars. I am the dark inside you

all.

Miller gets to all fours, trying to get up.

MILLER

...not the Devil...

Weir kicks Miller savagely. Miller slides through the coolant,

comes to rest beneath a walkway. He attempts to rise,

collapses back into the sludge.

Weir slowly stalks towards him.

WEIR

There is no Devil. There is no God.

There is only... NOTHING. "

Now, I like this thinking, Pike in his adult books touches on the same thing, that the universe is nothing, arose out of nothing, and will die, nothing returning to nothing.
So, God in the beginning was nothing, is nothing and will be as nothing when the universe dies, as it must.

K

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Kowalski said:
A curious concept ? perhaps not. Those who followed my ' What is God' thread will be familiar with my thinking. Now extending this a little, we can think in cosmic terms.
Given that 90% of the universe is empty space, and theoretical dark energy and dark matter, then the concept that God = nothing may be relevant. I'm guided in some of this thought by the movie' Event Horizon', where some difficult issues regarding the nature of hell and the darkness in humans is addressed, so here is something to consider.

I felt that this was important enough to allow me to do so. relevance from Event Horizon, a movie ? yes, I think this is the closest to truth as you will get regarding the Universe,God and existence.

WEIR

" I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much

older. I watched the Beginning and I

will see the End. I am the dark behind

the stars. I am the dark inside you

all.

Miller gets to all fours, trying to get up.

MILLER

...not the Devil...

Weir kicks Miller savagely. Miller slides through the coolant,

comes to rest beneath a walkway. He attempts to rise,

collapses back into the sludge.

Weir slowly stalks towards him.

WEIR

There is no Devil. There is no God.

There is only... NOTHING. "

Now, I like this thinking, Pike in his adult books touches on the same thing, that the universe is nothing, arose out of nothing, and will die, nothing returning to nothing.
So, God in the beginning was nothing, is nothing and will be as nothing when the universe dies, as it must.

K
this of course assumes that G-d or some Divine force exists on the same plane as we do.

Kowalski

Some force, that's the essence of it. As I've postulated in my other thread; the nature of this force is not perhaps at all understood, except perhaps by the thought that, as it is not human, then by its very nature, it is indifferent to humans .

K