• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is/are your native language(s)?

matthew_/!/

Over the few months that I have been on RF I have noticed how some users seem to not speak english as their native language. If this applies to you or even if it doesnt, what is your native language?

I am an English native (South)

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
American English, unfortunately, in the non-accented MidWestern broadcast/radio standard. That is to say, I pronounce things "correctly" according to some sort of authority on the language. If you ask me, the Brits are the one who get it right. English sounds sexy when they talk. American English is just... meh.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
the Brits are the one who get it right. English sounds sexy when they talk.
Please don't ever say this to our faces lol. It really freaks us out and there are literally hundreds of accents in England alone, it varies by village practically. Which accent do you mean?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
American English, New Jersey. Specifically the "Nork" (Newark) New Jersey accent. :D

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Please don't ever say this to our faces lol. It really freaks us out and there are literally hundreds of accents in England alone, it varies by village practically. Which accent do you mean?

*laughs*

Well, I'm not well-appraised of the accent classifications, so I couldn't tell you. All I know is when I listen to BBC News or other productions, it's HAWT.
I suppose as an example, I dig Mr. B. Not just the accent... the entire 'let's go back to the era where men dressed well and had properly maintained facial hair.' :D

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
*laughs*

Well, I'm not well-appraised of the accent classifications, so I couldn't tell you. All I know is when I listen to BBC News or other productions, it's HAWT.
I suppose as an example, I dig Mr. B. Not just the accent... the entire 'let's go back to the era where men dressed well and had properly maintained facial hair.' :D

Haha wow, if you went to school in England and spoke with an accent like that the kids would beat you up it sounds so horrendously posh and uppity :tearsofjoy: Unfortunately Quint, for an accent like that you're limited to the Royal Family and some Conservative Party politicians haha.

Check out Geordie, Scouse, Essex and strong Yorkshire accents ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Over the few months that I have been on RF I have noticed how some users seem to not speak english as their native language. If this applies to you or even if it doesnt, what is your native language?

I am an English native (South)

I am native English. Family south but we only picked up part of the dialect up north VA. Dont know if I have a southern accent but with language, only English.

Laika

Premium Member
(British) English. I would like to learn some other languages some day, but for now English is all I've got.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Haha wow, if you went to school in England and spoke with an accent like that the kids would beat you up it sounds so horrendously posh and uppity :tearsofjoy:

In fairness, I wager that Mr. B is deliberately exaggerating, because that tone is exactly what the character is intended to represent. A posh, spoiled, chap/dandy rich Englishman out of 1880s or thereabouts. :D

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
In fairness, I wager that Mr. B is deliberately exaggerating, because that tone is exactly what the character is intended to represent. A posh, spoiled, chap/dandy rich Englishman out of 1880s or thereabouts. :D
Have you heard Douglas Murray's accent? I love it to bits.