• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the answer that you have guessed for this ?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Chinu, please tell me how the rock is unhappy, please tell me how the ocean is unhappy?

Why is chinu unhappy? Does chinu wish to be more still like the rock? Does chinu wish to be more fluid like the ocean?

Sure you ask a simple question, but how are you so sure you have asked the right question?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
But do all questions convey a query that can have meaning? Or else presuppose certain limitations or attempt to shape responses through delineation.

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Chinu, please tell me how the rock is unhappy, please tell me how the ocean is unhappy?
Its hard to understand animals as compare to humans when they are unhappy, and its more hard to understand fishes as compare to animals when they are unhappy, and its more hard to understand insects as compare to fishes when they are unhappy, and its more hard to understand micro-organisms as compare to insects when they are unhappy, and its more hard to understand rock & water as compare to micro-organisms when they are unhappy.

If we cannot understand them it doesn't means that they are always happy.
Why is chinu unhappy? Does chinu wish to be more still like the rock? Does chinu wish to be more fluid like the ocean?
No, i don't want to be a rock, or an ocean now because i alreday passed through these forms, still am having some of the habbits which i gained while passing through these forms.

How is chinu unhappy ?
when you will spend a day with me than you will know more about me, and when you will spend a days with me than you will know much more about me. :)
Sure you ask a simple question, but how are you so sure you have asked the right question?
Sure after seeing reactions to the question. :)

chinu

chinu
But do all questions convey a query that can have meaning? Or else presuppose certain limitations or attempt to shape responses through delineation.
Just trying to talk with your soul, not your mind, because its your soul who is searching permanent happiness, not your mind. Thus.. why should i care ? if you "mind" it. :)

InformedIgnorance

Just trying to talk with your soul, not your mind, because its your soul who is searching permanent happiness, not your mind. Thus.. why should i care ? if you "mind" it. :)
It is my mind that seeks out happiness and seeks to avoid unhappiness, because it is my mind which is capable of experiencing emotions such as happiness or unhappiness in the first place.

I'll consider trying to 'talk with my soul' if I ever have reason to believe it exists.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why would one suppose the world and our lives to be other than chaotic.
I certainly do not believe our entire lives are preplanned by God or anyone else.
I do believe that God has a target for this world, but it might be us or some other species that attains it.

chinu

chinu
It is my mind that seeks out happiness and seeks to avoid unhappiness, because it is my mind which is capable of experiencing emotions such as happiness or unhappiness in the first place.
No, its soul that seeks out happiness, but mind takes her towards an illusionary happiness, which further becomes the reason of unhappiness. :)
I'll consider trying to 'talk with my soul' if I ever have reason to believe it exists.
Without soul there's no mind, or in other words mind itself is not conscious, Like there's a dodder plant which has no roots but grows around the tree by taking food from it. Similary there's mind which has no roots but grows around the soul by taking food from it.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Some are happy in this world, and some are unhappy, and those who are happy now, can be unhappy later, the conclusion is, this world is a complicated place to live on, indeed this world can never be a permanently peaceful place to live on, Thus.. what was the benifit behind creating this problematic place, have you ever guessed any answer for this ?

If yes, than what is the answer that you have guessed for this ?

Why must there be purpose?

InformedIgnorance

No, its soul that seeks out happiness, but mind takes her towards an illusionary happiness, which further becomes the reason of unhappiness. :)
Without soul there's no mind, or in other words mind itself is not conscious, Like there's a dodder plant which has no roots but grows around the tree by taking food from it. Similary there's mind which has no roots but grows around the soul by taking food from it.
Until such time as you can demonstrate that reality is an illusion, I think I stand by the reasonably healthy (even if not entirely certain) assessment that reality is real and so my hope to be happy which leads me to engage in things I enjoy and gives me experiences which I would call 'happy' are in fact, moments of happiness as my experience is pleasurable. I find it more convincing that this is reality, than to suggest that it is illusion; it is entirely possible that it is an illusion, for example a psychotic episode that I am currently having or else a vast computer simulation - however there is currently nothing which would grant this assertion the credibility it would require for me to alter my actions (which I believe would be an unhealthy effect given that it would lend itself to neglecting/abusing/disregarding our place in reality - such as suicide or neglecting our physical bodies or those of our children - for the sake of a presupposed and hereto undetected 'super-reality').

Until such time as you can demonstrate there IS a soul, I think I will stand by the statement that thinking (including my experience of reality and my hopes for the future such as happiness) is the result of complex processes in the brain which combine in a way we do not fully comprehend yet to grant us the capacity to think - and thus to 'seek out happiness.' I find it more convincing that where we have consistently demonstrated highly reliable correlations between what we think and predictable, observable phenomena within the brain (electronic activity) as well as neurological outcomes that we have identified arising as a result of physiological states of the brain (such as head traumas engendering changes in personality or loss of faculty). This leads me to suggest it would therefore be far more likely for the brain to be the part of us that 'thinks' - than the hereto undetectable proposed component you call a soul.

Last edited:

4consideration

Premium Member
No, am not saying that it is useless, infact i think it is important, but how ? just asking your guess upon this.

Whatever you do to gain these experiences, is good. But these experiences are valuable in this problematic world, if there would have been no problematic world than there would have been no need of gaining these experiences. The need of gaining these experiences arrieses after this world was created, insted of before this world was created.

I think each of us and our experiences are part of the cosmic symphony of the universe -- and the music would not be the same without us -- each of us -- every one of us. Everybody. :)

4consideration

Premium Member
No, am not saying that it is useless, infact i think it is important, but how ? just asking your guess upon this.

Whatever you do to gain these experiences, is good. But these experiences are valuable in this problematic world, if there would have been no problematic world than there would have been no need of gaining these experiences. The need of gaining these experiences arrieses after this world was created, insted of before this world was created.

(This was my first answer to your post that I quoted in my above post. Just in case this was what you were asking for, rather than how does the creator benefit from our existence, I'm posting it, too.)

I think the purpose of the creator creating other beings is -- to have company -- or stated another way, as method for a continual expansion of the Creator's love.

I think that as spiritual beings having a physical experience, we are like the creator in many ways (but not as a replacement of the creator) hence the commonly used expression, Children of God.

There are many things that we get to create -- but the fundamental existence of things like elements and a basic level of reality is not our domain for creation. We get to shape what is here and we get to create contexts for interacting with what is.

We create contexts within ourselves in our interaction with life, and we create contexts in the process of communicating and interacting with others.

Problems are the classroom assignments of life (I used math class in my first response). It's up to us to find good solutions, and we ought to be able to do it because for the most part we often created the problem in the first place. Good solutions to life's problems creates more, and a better quality of, harmony within and among creation. :)

chinu

chinu
namaskaram chinu ji :namaste

like children we wanted our independance from god , in the same way a child wants independance from its parent , but now that we have independance we are not allways happy within it it , is not what we thought it would be , there are implications for which we had not bargained , so when we meet what we perceive to be problems we either cry for gods assistance , or we blame god for what we are experiencing , ....

so ''what was the purpose of creating this problematic place ?'' .....god is letting us find out for ourselves what true happiness is , by letting us experience what we want first , so that we might see through the illusion of independance .
:namaste:namaste:namaste:namaste:namaste

Muffled

Jesus in me
Some are happy in this world, and some are unhappy, and those who are happy now, can be unhappy later, the conclusion is, this world is a complicated place to live on, indeed this world can never be a permanently peaceful place to live on, Thus.. what was the benifit behind creating this problematic place, have you ever guessed any answer for this ?

If yes, than what is the answer that you have guessed for this ?

I beleive your premise is partially incorrect. There is a long time when this is a peaceful place to live. Also your premise is incorrect about this place being creted problematic. It wasn't. The reason that it is allowed to be problematic is to give problematic people another chance to repent.