• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the single best piece of advice you've ever received?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
One strange, surfer-style metaphor bit of advice from my Aunt that I didn't expect to receive (mostly because she's never gone surfing), and she gave this to me after seeing me completely depressed and bitter after ending my first marriage:

"Honey, just ride the wave. Waves will come whether you want them to or not, so instead of letting it crash onto you, get up and ride it."

For me, her advice has endured longer than any other single piece of advice I've received personally face to face.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn"

Skwim

Veteran Member
images

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
From the show Daria.

"Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza".

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I can not think of one single piece of good advice that stands out in my head amongst others..I've gotten lots of good advice but it can not be said in one sentence..Its all "smushed " together..(with the bad advice of course) and multiple people.....I will say one time my one now dead aunt said ..who cares (or what difference does that make ..or why do you care) when I was all worried about what someone else thought..I had NEVER thought of it that way..

I have been given so much good advice I can not isolate one thing..OH one time my mother said "Im not angry at God I'm ****** off as hell"..I like that one because its one honest thing I had heard from her..

But anyway ..its all good because it makes us think...

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
"You are always in the point of power. Here and now."

...or something close to that.

The person who said it should probably know who he is :)