• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your age limit for partners?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Just wondering, what is the oldest in which you would prefer your partner to be?

For me, I can easily see myself being with someone twice my age. In fact, when my current partner and I breifly broke up, I was talking with a guy who was almost 50. I like maturity and it was refreshing to have a conversation with a gay man which didn't involve stereotypical subjects like sex and...I guess that's about it.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I don't think I could go over 10 years... It's just a matter of principle for me. I don't want to be with someone who could be my father. *Shivers* Yes it's the yuck factor but hey at least I'm honest about it! :D

My husband is 4 years older, fyi.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Just wondering, what is the oldest in which you would prefer your partner to be?

For me, I can easily see myself being with someone twice my age. In fact, when my current partner and I breifly broke up, I was talking with a guy who was almost 50. I like maturity and it was refreshing to have a conversation with a gay man which didn't involve stereotypical subjects like sex and...I guess that's about it.
I typically been with women a few years older, 3-5 years older. My wife is 7 years older than me. I prefer women who are several years older, I guess my limit for entering a relationship would be a decade older, but that doesn't mean I don't find women who are older than me in 2 decades attractive or romantically interesting.
In general I find women who are several years older than my age to be more sexy, to radiate more femininity, maturity, to be much more focused on their goals, to have a more stable life, to have more channels of communications with me, and to be able to have better conversations in general.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
*Shivers* Yes it's the yuck factor but hey at least I'm honest about it! :D

And honesty is always great. :D While I like older men, realistically I would probably be in a long term relationship with someone no older than 10 years. That is, if I wasn't already in one.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

I like older women.

M.V.

: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :: hamster :

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm far more reserved about how young than how old. Anymore than a few years younger than me is a turn off (I am 26), but twice my age really wouldn't be too much of an issue,

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Considering I'm only US drinking age, high is more open than low. Though maybe a good 6 years on either end is a good limit.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I've always tended to date people near my age, and if I found myself single again, I suspect this would still be the case, although "near my age" might have expanded a bit since college. At 39, I doubt I'd date a woman older than 42, but might date somebody as young as 32 - so I probably have a slight preference on the younger side. Also, if I was planning on a long-term relationship which involved children, then I would definitely look for someone on the younger end of my range.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Romantic relationship I would prefer a maximum of 5 years older than me, and would prefer her to be around my age or a bit younger, but as long as she is not beyind 5 years older her personality looks and maturity will matter to me and the age just wouldnt.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
This might be a moot point since I'm married but when I was dating I stayed away from men who were younger then me by more then two years. However, I have been attracted to men who were well into their 40s (I'm 27). But for dating purposes, 10 year older would be my limit I think.

:camp:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I'm into older guys...most of the men I'm drawn to are in their 50s.

Namaste,

The females that have responded have said that they like older men; and the guys that have responded have said that they like older women.

Intriguing......
Dr_Evil-646x363.jpg

M.V.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
If I ever get another partner she will have to enjoy sex, crave sex and want to have fun sex with me doesn't matter what age she is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If I ever start dating again, I'm going for whom I compatible with and damn their age. At 56, I'm just too old to consider someone I'm incompatible with -- although I had a knack for doing so when I was younger. :D

Treks

I definitely prefer older men. My husband is 22 years older than me. When we got together I was 22 and he was 44. That was 7 years ago. This Friday is our 5 year wedding anniversary, awe <3

I don't go for guys my own age, I think it's a trust issue (no offence, it's me not you).

However, I don't want to have children... If I did I'd probably select a younger partner.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
&#2350;&#2376;&#2340;&#2381;&#2352;&#2366;&#2357;&#2352;&#2369;&#2339;&#2367;&#2307;;3416984 said:
Namaste,

The females that have responded have said that they like older men; and the guys that have responded have said that they like older women.

Intriguing......
Dr_Evil-646x363.jpg

M.V.
sigourney-weaver-2.JPG

She's in her 60's and doesn't look bad at all.