• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What takes place during foreign presidential meetings?

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I was reading a news article about George Bush meeting with President of China, Hu Jintao. One of the quotes in the article was...

"Bush encouraged Hu to engage in 'substantive dialogue' with representatives of the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibet."

Did Bush really even need to to tell Hu that he should be engaged in "substantive dialogue"? Granted, other topics were being discussed that involved China's foreign policy but I'm wondering why Hu would think that we arein a better position to be giving diplomatic advice.

Does anything productive ever really take place when Bush meets with any of these world leaders? I would think that they already know what Bush wants to talk about or demand so is there really a point for him to meet with them directly? Call me crazy but I don't picture Bush giving an eloquent speech that would make these world leaders think twice about their assumed staunch stance on key topics.

Your thoughts?