• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do in Heaven?

Big_TJ

I was watching a movie last week and I just realized that it must be the devil that caused me to watch that movie :D(don't remember the movie name). In the movie, this guy died and went to Heaven. However, all he did in heaven was walk around and look at clouds. There was no pretty buildings, no pretty flashing lights, no golden walkway, nothing ....

In fact, I was so troubled after watching the movie that I had intended to go out an commit some terrible sins to ensure that I don't go to heaven. Infact, it seem to me like being locked up in prison and you can only walk around the compound with absolutely nothing to do (can you imagine doing that for eternity)?

So, my question to you guys is this: What is your perception about what people will be doing during the days when they are in heaven?:help:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I honestly don't think Heaven is people swinging on clouds and playing harps. That is what happens in cartoons.
What do I perceive people doing in Heaven? I haven't the faintest idea. I wish I knew but I don't. I don't want to pretend that I do know.

Big_TJ

I honestly don't think Heaven is people swinging on clouds and playing harps. That is what happens in cartoons.
What do I perceive people doing in Heaven? I haven't the faintest idea. I wish I knew but I don't. I don't want to pretend that I do know.
OK. . .

But, why should Baptists want to go to heaven? I mean, if there is no perception of what will happen when one goes to Heaven, how can we know that Heaven is a place that people should work towards reaching?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My idea of Heaven is a union with God. Hell being a separation from God. In that idea, I am different from other Baptists.

Heneni

Miss Independent
What if....we each get a little piece of heaven? A little piece of the universe that is... Your own place to reside at. Your own solar system. You'll have the power to create and re-create it just like you want it. You will have the power to sustain it, and change it. You will be able to travel from one solar system to another.

What if...all the stars and all the planets out there are places reserved for us. Which planet will you choose to go to? What type of world will you create on that planet? Imagine having your own solar system!

And imagine having the wisdom and knowledge to make anything of it you like.

It seems such a waste....the fast expanse of our universe...perhaps one day, it too will be filled with all gods children. And we will be kings and queens of our own places, and we will rule and reign and have dominion over it. There is a star out there that has your name on it, and around it there could be one, two maybe many planets. Perhaps you will have have one planet, your children another, your whole family in a solar system. There will be so much to do and so much to see, the whole of eternity wont be enough to get through everything. I doubt you'll ever think of TV or pizza again! But hey if you do...who says you cant create a drive in pizza planet.

And if we dont get a corner of the universe, certainly wherever God is must be so awesome and spectacularly beautiful, it will probably keep us speechless for a few minutes at least...

And what if, when you finally meet God and he says I have a surprise for you.....and he shows you what he has decided to give you...which is far and above all you could ever have hoped or even DREAMED off!

And what about just seeing GOD! No more veils, no more wondering....actually talking to Him. What an amazing thought.

Love the lord your God and He will give you the desires of your heart. Is there anyone else other than GOD that knows exactly what will stun and amaze us?

Whatever heaven is going to be like, and whatever we are going to be doing in heaven, it will be amazing enought to keep you amazed forever.

Love
Heneni

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Doubt will set you free. An eternally blissful Heaven is a pipe-dream. If the Devil has shown you that film, it was for a good reason. There is no Heaven above where saints live, nor a Hell beneath where sinners roast. Heaven and Hell are right here. Live for now.

SoyLeche

meh...
I was watching a movie last week and I just realized that it must be the devil that caused me to watch that movie :D(don't remember the movie name). In the movie, this guy died and went to Heaven. However, all he did in heaven was walk around and look at clouds. There was no pretty buildings, no pretty flashing lights, no golden walkway, nothing ....

In fact, I was so troubled after watching the movie that I had intended to go out an commit some terrible sins to ensure that I don't go to heaven. Infact, it seem to me like being locked up in prison and you can only walk around the compound with absolutely nothing to do (can you imagine doing that for eternity)?

So, my question to you guys is this: What is your perception about what people will be doing during the days when they are in heaven?:help:
I think the only reasonable response to the question "what will we do in Heaven" is :shrug:

I'd say it is pretty safe to say, however, that Heaven > Hell. Therefore, if "Walking around all day looking at clouds" < Hell, then we can conclude that "Walking around all day looking at clouds" <> Heaven.

Personally, I don't think that what I will do all day in Heaven will be all that different than what I do all day here - only better :)

Physical heaven? No! Heaven and hell, it is something we can create ourselves, it is what you percieve to be your ideal living conditions, and your very worst.

Big_TJ

I think the only reasonable response to the question "what will we do in Heaven" is :shrug:

I'd say it is pretty safe to say, however, that Heaven > Hell. Therefore, if "Walking around all day looking at clouds" < Hell, then we can conclude that "Walking around all day looking at clouds" <> Heaven.

Personally, I don't think that what I will do all day in Heaven will be all that different than what I do all day here - only better :)

OK. But what is the reason to assume that "heaven is greater than hell" and that "walking around all day looking at coulds is less than Hell?" These are major assumption and I would like to understand the reason for those assumptions. I mean, what I want to understand is this: What are christians aiming for? What do they foresee living in an Heavenly place would entail?

if my family members are there im definetly going to hell (even if its supose to be heaven)
if i get godly powers id prob create a seconed earth and blow the stuf up without getting in trouble
if i can create my own heaven id be pretty much f-d couse i got nowhere near enough imaganation/creativaty to keep me ocupyed for an eternaty

OK. But what is the reason to assume that "heaven is greater than hell" and that "walking around all day looking at coulds is less than Hell?" These are major assumption and I would like to understand the reason for those assumptions. I mean, what I want to understand is this: What are christians aiming for? What do they foresee living in an Heavenly place would entail?

Oh, so no other religion believe heaven or hell :rolleyes:

Another one boyz!

DonP

logician

My idea of Heaven is a union with God. Hell being a separation from God. In that idea, I am different from other Baptists.

Heaven could still be quite a sad place, if you were separated from family members who didn't make it. Is your god going to give you amnesia to forget them?

Paraprakrti

Custom User

I take "heaven" in this context as referring to God's absolute kingdom. Generally speaking, everyone is in pure devotion to God and reciprocates with God eternally. There are also descriptions (in both the Bible and Vedic texts, and maybe even Quran) that heaven (Sanskrit: Vaikuntha) is without need of sun or moon or artificial light. Rather, it is said to be self-illuminated by God Himself. The Vedas also describe that there are what is called Surabhi cows. These Surabhi cows have an endless supply of milk and their milk is supposed to be better than any milk (and probably any drink) that we experience here in the material universe. I am sure there is more to the description of heaven, but the basic idea is that everything revolves around love of God. It is sort of like a spiritual communism, but instead of the state at the center, God is at the center.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

You need to stop watching movies is my opinion..:sorry1:

Basically heaven is not having worries like you have just expressed here..At least for me. :)

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Heaven could still be quite a sad place, if you were separated from family members who didn't make it. Is your god going to give you amnesia to forget them?

Heaven isnt sad..

See you there..you will be there too..And your torture will end.

Blessings

Dallas

gnostic

The Lost One
If you have read the Revelation, you will see that some angels do nothing but sing "Holy, Holy, Holy..." That would be so boring.

Revelation 4:8 said:
...Day and night they never stop singing: "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was, who is and is to come."

Verses 9-11 is just as damn boring.

It would be a "living hell" being in heaven.