• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

satyaroop

"the dark knight rises"
I watched about half an hour of the movie, I found it extremely boring, made it through the half hour with some snacks, the movie still left me with a slight headache

"this is the end"

looking at the trailer, I expected the usual shallow sex related humour, the american pie sort of humour, which has become stale, and I have always found it distasteful

the same sort of humour here, but overall, the movie was better than expected, with some funny moments

"the dark knight rises"
I watched about half an hour of the movie, I found it extremely boring, made it through the half hour with some snacks, the movie still left me with a slight headache

"this is the end"

looking at the trailer, I expected the usual shallow sex related humour, the american pie sort of humour, which has become stale, and I have always found it distasteful

the same sort of humour here, but overall, the movie was better than expected, with some funny moments

I always thought American Pie was complete garbage. If I wanted to watch a High school movie, I'd stick to The Breakfast Club. Best High School movie ever.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
"Upside Down"

Scientifically inaccurate (but I'm pretty sure they knew that just didn't care), although that didn't bother me at all. It was interesting and deep. At some suspenseful parts it got me jumping.

I watched this last weekend and really enjoyed it. Far-fetched but entertaining just the same.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
n6pqyWs.jpg

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Prisoners

Absolutely phenomenal. Threw even me for a loop and tested my mind. On par with Se7en, Zodiac, and GwtDT. See it (if you aren't faint of heart).

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Valhalla Rising.

I liked it, very different movie, with a different and unique atmosphere. Basically tells the story of a mysterious Norseman who ends up joining Christian Viking crusaders who sail to take part in the crusades in the Holy Land, only to find themselves stranded in the New World where they are hunted by the local natives. Realistic violence.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Dark Skies

Basically a whole bunch of weird stuff starts happening to this family, like night time "pranks" with no evidence of forced entry, sleep walking, mysterious bruising and blackouts. The title gives away what's the source.

Not bad. Good suspense at parts, but nothing particularly outstanding regarding the story. The people aren't too dumb about things which is good. I hate that in scary movies where everyone seems to make the stupidest choices imaginable.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Valhalla Rising.

I liked it, very different movie, with a different and unique atmosphere. Basically tells the story of a mysterious Norseman who ends up joining Christian Viking crusaders who sail to take part in the crusades in the Holy Land, only to find themselves stranded in the New World where they are hunted by the local natives. Realistic violence.

One of my new favorites. I've made so many people watch this movie I can't even count.

Mads Mikkelson is one of the best actors to hit the scene in a long time, imo. His performance as One-eye was just stellar. The Avant-garde elements combined with the semi-historical backdrop and the subdued and stoic main character made for an amazing art piece. Such a great movie. In fact, I think I'm about to watch it again...

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
The Devil's Double

The alledged True Story of Uday Saddham Hussain's body double and what he experienced as a slave of the Hussain regime.

Amazing, brilliant film

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
One of my new favorites. I've made so many people watch this movie I can't even count.

Mads Mikkelson is one of the best actors to hit the scene in a long time, imo. His performance as One-eye was just stellar. The Avant-garde elements combined with the semi-historical backdrop and the subdued and stoic main character made for an amazing art piece. Such a great movie. In fact, I think I'm about to watch it again...
Well, I share your intensity for the movie. My interest in the film is in the psychological nerve racking journey which its beauty is found in the raw and non theatrical violence, fatalistic characters and the historical period.