• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's going on in Lebanon?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

I haven't been following Lebanon lately, but I heard recently that the fighting there is intense.

I wonder why it has not received any attention here on RF when the war with Israel last year spawned all kinds of discussion. I've heard that the current conflict is much worse...

love

tri-polar optimist
Seems to be another example of "the religion of peace" trying to decide which side is the most peaceful.

UnityNow101

Why have you put religion of peace in parethesis? Have you ever read the Holy Qu'ran? I was once ignorant about Islam as well and followed what others said about the religion until I began reading about Islam and their Holy Book for myself..It is without a doubt the most refreshing of religions..As to the topic at hand concerning Lebanon, I am not quite sure what has been happening lately. Last I heard the Lebanese military was fighting Fatah al-Islam, a group loosely tied to al Queda.

gnomon

Is this the conflict started by the robbing of a bank?

It seems Lebanon got stuck dealing with the leader of Fatah al-Islam who was sentenced to death by Jordan and released from custody by the Syrian government, who refused to extradite him to Jordan, and is now using the tactic of hiding among an innocent Palestinian refugees.

It's not Islamic group vs. Islamic group but apparently a criminal and terrorist group being hunted by the Lebanese army for it's crimes. What I cannot figure out is the exact connections between this group, Lebanon and Hezbollah. The wiki site links to conflicting information. It may be that the Lebanese government supported Fatah al-Islam as a tool against Hezbollah. Or it may not be. Depends on who you believe.

In the end it seems another militant group has wound up using innocent people as a shield for their activities. This group seems to be condemned by the PLO, Hezbollah and Fatah. They are another extremist group that desires to confront Israel and discredit America.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6676369.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6714465.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6717121.stm

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Seems to be another example of "the religion of peace" trying to decide which side is the most peaceful.
And this "seems to be another example of" of a very narrow perspective painting with a very broad brush in the name of 'love'. :rolleyes: