• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Iran Doing?

delta0021

http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/34213.html

I understand that this is what President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes should be done, and he is trying to gain support across the Middle East by challenging other regimes by questioning their faith but does anyone else see this as a poor move? I think he is creating more problems that he won't be able to deal with. This is only going to give the IAEC more to take to the Security Council. This will also give the United States and Israel the opportunity to show that Iran is most likely creating WMD's. Does anyone else have any ideas about this? :sarcastic

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It makes me wish that our troops weren't tied down in Iraq, while the real WMDs are being created in Iran.

delta0021

Something else that’s quite disturbing was in another article I was reading (couldn’t find it on the net) President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted by saying he wanted to fulfill the wishes of Ayatollah Khomeini. In 1942 Khomeini made it very clear what he wanted to do by saying “Kill all the unbelievers” and “Kill them [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter their armies” Just the fact that a President of a sovereign nation would indorse these ideas is scary. I see a serious problem ahead for the U.N. dealing with this issue.:(

jonny

Sunstone said:
It makes me wish that our troops weren't tied down in Iraq, while the real WMDs are being created in Iran.
I wonder if the strategy was to get rid of the little problems first and then take on the big problems. I really don't want another war though. I think someone else should do it this time. Let China step up and show everyone what they're made of. Why does it always have to fall on the US shoulders?

iran will lead all the world one day-these days it has complete influence in near countries
- its influence is growing more n more-
Iran is not yet in a position to act?????
why?????

patronsaint

the new persian empire
you brought a good point, 'why does it always fall to the US to save everyone?'

well the answer is that it always falls to the US to save HIMSELF. the US controls more than 50% of the WMD in the world and you guys are concerned about Iran using nuclear powers.

is it realy that good to have the US as the ONLY super power? shouldnt there always be compotition?

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
At least we're bombing Libya.

Hopefully Obama's foray into Libya puts those silly snarky 'Bush took his eye off the ball by going to Iraq' comments to bed. Libya? Really?