• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Most Boring Thing About You?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What favorite subject of yours is most likely to bore the people around you? That is, what subject most causes your friends and associates to wish they were not too cowardly to perform a frontal lobotomy on themselves with a table spoon whenever you show up to put that subject on display?

Is it the fact you just love to talk about Ivan the Terrible's treatment of his barons?

What about your enthusiasm for recounting in painful detail everything that once happened at your high school prom?

Or could it be that story you've told everyone twice about how you barfed the night away after drinking sixteen beers?

Perhaps it's your willingness to tell people what an enlightened human you are?

But maybe it's not a subject! Maybe it's a trait or habit of yours that bores the pants off people! So what it is?

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I was once hit upon by this cute Japanese girl once, she gave me her phone number and wanted mine sin return. I told her sorry but I have interesting things to do such as read

I am just that boring

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Probably my propensity to discuss how one would go about formulating algorithms for various hypothetical problems or processes.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I was once hit upon by this cute Japanese girl once, she gave me her phone number and wanted mine sin return. I told her sorry but I have interesting things to do such as read

I am just that boring

Dude, dissing a Japanese mamacita? Not cool, brah. So not cool...

:(

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Soap-making, artisanal bread-making, and how to make cosmetics, hand lotions, shampoo/conditioner and deodorants all from scratch organically.

People like seeing the end result, but nobody really cares about the process. I find it fascinating.

Oh! And mayonnaise!! I think making it is awesome! But again....nobody cares. It bores most people to death. :D

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Soap-making, artisanal bread-making, and how to make cosmetics, hand lotions, shampoo/conditioner and deodorants all from scratch organically.

People like seeing the end result, but nobody really cares about the process. I find it fascinating.

Oh! And mayonnaise!! I think making it is awesome! But again....nobody cares. It bores most people to death. :D

Zzzzzzzzz.....

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

Get that outta here, homie. All those things you do aren't boring. Especially not the bread-making...

Also, please learn how to make some wine too...now, that would be uber awesome!! Making good wine that goes with good bread...yum yum!!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Some of the following are things I've been told are boring hobbies:

My interest in religion
My interest in languages and linguistics
Video games
Reading
Being a teetotaller
Not liking clubbing
Being in a faithful, steady relationship

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I have trouble shutting up with deep conversations. About 70% of what I talk about on a daily basis: politics, human behavior, Literature and symbolism in it, philosophy the list goes on and on. Maybe that's why I have few friends... :(

Huey09

Some of the following are things I've been told are boring hobbies:

My interest in religion
My interest in languages and linguistics
Video games
Reading
Being a teetotaller
Not liking clubbing
Being in a faithful, steady relationship
Jesus's drawers! we have so much in common:D

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Jesus's drawers! we have so much in common:D
:D

I'm kind of lucky in that I can talk politics with a few people.
But religion? No way. Most people I know are atheists. Some Christians and Muslims, too, but most of them don't have the same interest in theology as me. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Zzzzzzzzz.....

I know right? And I'm fully clothed when I make them, especially when doing soap-making (Lye. Ouch.). So I don't even tempt anybody with visions of wearing just an apron or anything.

मैत्रावरुणिः;3449604 said:
Get that outta here, homie. All those things you do aren't boring. Especially not the bread-making...

Also, please learn how to make some wine too...now, that would be uber awesome!! Making good wine that goes with good bread...yum yum!!

I have a neighbor who makes wine, beer, and whiskey. He once promised me to let me help him, but that was a few years ago. I need to get my feet wet with making wine, since that's next on my list. :)

Wherenextcolumbus

OMG, Make me some shampooo babs! How do you make it? :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
No one wants to hear about Star Trek, Final Fantasy, various books, religion. I refuse to talk about politics (that's all my husband talks about). I don't drink or smoke or do drugs. I dress conservatively, I hate going to parties (I do like small social gatherings, though). All of that makes me very dull, indeed.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I should also mention that I am a chronic daydreamer. I am always in thought and sometimes I forget to listen in on a conversation when there are a lot of people involved in it.

Huey09

No one wants to hear about Star Trek, Final Fantasy, various books, religion.
...I'd like to hear what you have to say about Star Trek(Although I'm just getting into it) and LOVE Final Fantasy:)