• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Most Boring Thing About You?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I listen far more than I talk, don't really keep up with movies or TV shows, like to think about and discuss topics like religion, politics, and philosophy, and am not outgoing with most people I don't know well.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I listen far more than I talk, don't really keep up with movies or TV shows, like to think about and discuss topics like religion, politics, and philosophy, and am not outgoing with most people I don't know well.

Nonsense! You can't possibly be boring becauuse I've written an exciting biography of you. Of course, none of the big publishers would touch it for some reason. I had to find a small, local publisher called, Charging Boar Books. But they assure me their name really isn't a pun on Charging Bore Books. Really isn't.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Mostly I don't have much to say that's agreeable/acceptable/normal to mainstream mindsets.
So quite frequently I just don't say anything at all. (not about myself- or how I see things anyway)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have trouble shutting up with deep conversations. About 70% of what I talk about on a daily basis: politics, human behavior, Literature and symbolism in it, philosophy the list goes on and on. Maybe that's why I have few friends... :(

Do you happen to live in a small town?

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
-I like Nascar. NO ONE like Nascar who isn't a redneck.
-I like reading long books. At an average, I can read a 300+ page book in 2 hours.
-I go on and on and on about One Direction, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Luke Bryan, etc.
-I can sit for 3 hours+ watching SpongeBob.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Many people find my preference of using few or no words in conversation very boring. :eek:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Everyone is facsinated by my profession, but once they'll see me in the field leaning over a human skeleton arguing with an anthropologist about whether a part of the arm is the Ulna or Radius they'll soon rather go back to their air conditioned office jobs and espresso machines.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Everyone is facsinated by my profession, but once they'll see me in the field leaning over a human skeleton arguing with an anthropologist about whether a part of the arm is the Ulna or Radius they'll soon rather go back to their air conditioned office jobs and espresso machines.
I'm sooooo jealous. :cover:

Kerr

I understand why 0 divided by 0 is a bit special. And I think its awesome, but most people would probably find it boring.

EDIT:

Its because of the duality of division and multiplication. If a*b=c then a=c/b and if a/b=c then a=c*b. However, when dealing with 0/0 it becomes a bit odd because a*0=0 but 0/0=everything, because no matter what a is, the result is always 0. To put it simple :p.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I forgot. I love to watch baseball. Considered one of the most boring games out there, it's one of my favorite sports to watch. I see nuances in the game others don't. Things don't just happen with the stolen base or the home run. Field positioning, pitch location, the batter's adjustment on the bat and in the batters box, and decision-making while running the bases (when to run and when to hold up)....I love it all.

Finally, player body mechanics, especially pitching, is something I like to watch. It started back about 10-11 years ago when I got into an online discussion over the course of several months with a kineisiologist over the pitching style of then-Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior. He was being hailed as the young phenom with a bright future because of his "perfect mechanics", but myself and my online colleague began breaking down his mechanics and felt very differently than the hype. I used to be active on the MLB discussion boards, so I offered my analysis there at the time, and I was predictably scoffed. I insisted that Prior had very risky mechanics that would result in an injury if he didn't adjust how he rotated his shoulder during the pitch release.

Turns out I was right. He went down with an injury and had to have Tommy John surgery on his elbow, and he was never the same since. Every now and then I analyze players for fun, but not as closely as I did back then.

You can all wake up now.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh yeah, I forgot. I love to watch baseball. Considered one of the most boring games out there, it's one of my favorite sports to watch. I see nuances in the game others don't. Things don't just happen with the stolen base or the home run. Field positioning, pitch location, the batter's adjustment on the bat and in the batters box, and decision-making while running the bases (when to run and when to hold up)....I love it all.

Finally, player body mechanics, especially pitching, is something I like to watch. It started back about 10-11 years ago when I got into an online discussion over the course of several months with a kineisiologist over the pitching style of then-Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior. He was being hailed as the young phenom with a bright future because of his "perfect mechanics", but myself and my online colleague began breaking down his mechanics and felt very differently than the hype. I used to be active on the MLB discussion boards, so I offered my analysis there at the time, and I was predictably scoffed. I insisted that Prior had very risky mechanics that would result in an injury if he didn't adjust how he rotated his shoulder during the pitch release.

Turns out I was right. He went down with an injury and had to have Tommy John surgery on his elbow, and he was never the same since. Every now and then I analyze players for fun, but not as closely as I did back then.

You can all wake up now.
[youtube]LdUSpiC8MsU[/youtube]
"Bored to Death" (Starburst commercial pun) - YouTube

Criminy....and I thought I was the most boring.
Your one-upmanship is supreme.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't drink, smoke, dance, club or socialize. I'm your basic, garden-variety stiff. Even at a New Year's Eve party at a gay club my partner dragged me to. It goes without saying that it was under extreme protest. How can you be a drag at a gay party? (no pun intended :D). I can.

But I am my own worst enemy. I stood in a corner, leather jacket, lug sole boots (for no reason other than I owned a leather jacket and lug sole boots). I stood with my arms folded, scowling and sulking because I got dragged to this party.

Now, I don't consider myself good-looking, but the jacket, boots, jeans, folded arms and scowl gets some guys going. Oh yes, and I'm shaved bald. I don't know how many times guys came up to me: "Are you the bouncer?" (wtf, are you blind? I'm 5'5" :rolleyes:). I growl, "no". Bad move... I get "that look", the one that says "ooh, commit whoredoms upon me!" :drool: yeah OK, as if...

Another one comes up to me, pats me on the chest and "says "you're not in a happy place [frame of mind], you have to make yourself happy, it's NYE" (thinks I, "so ****ing what? the sun has risen for the past 5 billion years, and will do so for the next 5 billion years on New Year's Day with or without me"). He's still patting my chest. I growled "touch me one more time, and you will draw back a bloody stump" (yeah, I'm bad, I'm alpha :D). Bad thing to say... I get "the look" again. Shortly after that I said to my partner, I'm leaving, with or without you. So I left him dancing and went to fall asleep in my truck. :eek:

Yes, I am boring.