• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Most Boring Thing About You?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I realize that this is a thread for boring people talking about why they're boring, but to actually & continually demonstrate why you're so boring is above & beyond the call of duty. So please, will you.......zzzzzzzzzzz....... (snort) zzzzzzzzz...... ZZZZZZz.......... (snort, cough, wheeze) Whuh? Where was I?

Last night, the Cardinals beat the Pirates in a 14-inning game where Cardinals scored the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 14th. I can give you the gameplay if you want, and I didn't get the watch the actual game on tv (have to be at the studio most nights), but I'm very happy to share the news on how it transpired.

Especially since the game went on and on THAT LONG. :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Opps I thought she said it was acidic, I'm just going to go now

Ah, no worries. Mistakes happen. Especially since when I like to talk about chemical properties in household items for cleaning and cosmetics and beauty care, the most people tend to lose focus pretty quickly. It's really only a subject that geeks like me adore.

It's also like saying a child has a face only a mother could love. I just tend to be the only one who really gets fascinated by this stuff.

OH OH OH!!! Another thing I love to talk about!! Sustainable agriculture and permiculture methods! Especially when it comes to water retention and purification, grey water systems, solar ovens and "rocket" ovens, and food storage methods like humidity and temperature controls in smokehouses, dehydration boxes, and root cellars!!

Anybody want to hear how to dehydrate food for long term storage? Or better yet....anybody want to learn how to can tomatoes or applesauce?

Wirey

Fartist
I realize that this is a thread for boring people talking about why they're boring, but to actually & continually demonstrate why you're so boring is above & beyond the call of duty. So please, will you.......zzzzzzzzzzz....... (snort) zzzzzzzzz...... ZZZZZZz.......... (snort, cough, wheeze) Whuh? Where was I?

What can I say, I like to grip my handle, take a short stroke and try to punch one into the hole.

Wherenextcolumbus

Ah, no worries. Mistakes happen. Especially since when I like to talk about chemical properties in household items for cleaning and cosmetics and beauty care, the most people tend to lose focus pretty quickly. It's really only a subject that geeks like me adore.

It's also like saying a child has a face only a mother could love. I just tend to be the only one who really gets fascinated by this stuff.

OH OH OH!!! Another thing I love to talk about!! Sustainable agriculture and permiculture methods! Especially when it comes to water retention and purification, grey water systems, solar ovens and "rocket" ovens, and food storage methods like humidity and temperature controls in smokehouses, dehydration boxes, and root cellars!!

Anybody want to hear how to dehydrate food for long term storage? Or better yet....anybody want to learn how to can tomatoes or applesauce?

I don't actually find that kind of stuff boring.
I get excited by little things all the time like when I bought a pot of calla lilies and I took pictures of it and put it on my tumbler. Just watering the thing would give me massive thrills.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
On one level, this is a story about how my therapist, Arun, elicited from me my first primaeval scream. But on another level, it's a story about how boring I can be.

Go back a dozen years. I've decided to start my first blog. Now, I was raised up to talk somewhat like an academic. That is, to leave people out of the conversation and instead discuss things in almost purely abstract terms. So my first blog posts were dry as the deep valley desert.

They kind of went like this, "Love might be considered an emotion by a competent observer, but such an observer might also note that love can be, and is at times, a way of looking at the word; a distinct and perhaps coherent perspective," Blah, blah, blah.

The blog went nowhere. No one commented on the posts, and I soon lost interest.

Then, a few years later, I begin therapy with Arun. He suggests I start blogging as a way of "exercising my brain". I say I tried that, and it didn't work. So he asks to read my blog.

Next session, Arun is visibly agitated. "You know nothing of blogging! Nothing! You've got it all wrong! All wrong!" Then he goes on to tell me -- to command me -- to start illustrating my points with stories about myself or others.

Six months go by and Arun is still nagging me to start a blog. Finally, I do. And I take his advice, too, even though I'm at first embarrassed as hell to write about myself. At first, it's just too personal for me. But I start winning a few rewards and that's encouraging.

Another six months goes by. All the while, I'm dying to know what Arun thinks of my blog. Finally, I ask.

"I don't know what I think of your blog because I never read blogs. Yours included."

Suddenly, I can think of nothing but to release a primaeval scream!