• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Most Boring Thing About You?

Wirey

Fartist
Oh yeah, I forgot. I love to watch baseball. Considered one of the most boring games out there, it's one of my favorite sports to watch. I see nuances in the game others don't. Things don't just happen with the stolen base or the home run. Field positioning, pitch location, the batter's adjustment on the bat and in the batters box, and decision-making while running the bases (when to run and when to hold up)....I love it all.

Finally, player body mechanics, especially pitching, is something I like to watch. It started back about 10-11 years ago when I got into an online discussion over the course of several months with a kineisiologist over the pitching style of then-Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior. He was being hailed as the young phenom with a bright future because of his "perfect mechanics", but myself and my online colleague began breaking down his mechanics and felt very differently than the hype. I used to be active on the MLB discussion boards, so I offered my analysis there at the time, and I was predictably scoffed. I insisted that Prior had very risky mechanics that would result in an injury if he didn't adjust how he rotated his shoulder during the pitch release.

Turns out I was right. He went down with an injury and had to have Tommy John surgery on his elbow, and he was never the same since. Every now and then I analyze players for fun, but not as closely as I did back then.

You can all wake up now.

I. Love. You.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I. Love. You.
A revolting ode to the triumvirate of tediuim....Wirey, Mystic, & baseball

Because I'm a regular guy,
I long ago gave it a try.
I went to a game,
but found it so lame,
I'd rather be watching paint dry.

The two of you could get together
and talk about baseball, & whuther
some guy's a good batter
or other dull matter,
& boring the pants off each other.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Apart from this forum you mean? :D

Probably the most awesome things I ve been doing in my pokemon games lately :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I. Love. You.

Careful, I'm also a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan who is well aware of the franchise history and loves to talk about the era of Red Schoendiest and Stan Musial...about the 1934 gashouse gang....about Whitey Herzog and shortstop Ozzie Smith from the '80s....it's the way my dad and I connect and how we've always connected, and come to find out that's how he and his dad connected, was through homestead living and baseball. My grandfather (dad's dad) used to play in the minor leagues, and his homestead - which I am set to inherit - is 20 acres of wilderness bliss that my grandfather also built a baseball diamond on it back in the 1960s.

We had Field of Dreams way before the film. And Red Schoendiest and Whitey Herzog used to come out to our family homestead and share a case of beer or two with my grandfather.

You could say baseball is much more than a national past-time with us. It's part and parcel of an entire family history.

A revolting ode to the triumvirate of tediuim....Wirey, Mystic, & baseball

Because I'm a regular guy,
I long ago gave it a try.
I went to a game,
but found it so lame,
I'd rather be watching paint dry.

The two of you could get together
and talk about baseball, & whuther
some guy's a good batter
or other dull matter,
& boring the pants off each other.

LOL what an imagination. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
OMG, Make me some shampooo babs! How do you make it? :D

There's several ways, depending on what are your specific needs. You can, if you have an ultra-sensitive scalp, simply make a baking soda paste to rub through your hair that will clean and invigorate your scalp. Condition with a diluted apple cider vinegar rinse (at least 1 part vinegar with 1 part water), then rinse the hair under cool water for 60 seconds.

But if a sensitive skin isn't in the way, you can dilute a moisturizing bar of soap by melting it with some water, then throwing in some vegetable-based glycerin and some jojoba oil, keep in a bottle by the shower and use however much you need. The great thing is you can mix in various herbs and essential oils if you'd like depending on mood or on skin needs. If you use herbs, steep your herbs in some hot water as if making a very strong tea, and then using the water to dilute the melted soap (like castile or Dr Bronners - which I adore).

I recently made a shampoo with fresh rosemary and mint from our garden this past month. It smells SO good. :yes:

Kerr

I am horrible at socializing. Might have a slight case of social phobia, lol. And I dont drink or smoke. Or eat meat. Infact, I dont even want people to touch me if they have eaten meat because my brain thinks they have meat-molecules on their hands and I dont want that on me :p.

I don't drink, smoke, dance, club or socialize. I'm your basic, garden-variety stiff. Even at a New Year's Eve party at a gay club my partner dragged me to. It goes without saying that it was under extreme protest. How can you be a drag at a gay party? (no pun intended :D). I can.

But I am my own worst enemy. I stood in a corner, leather jacket, lug sole boots (for no reason other than I owned a leather jacket and lug sole boots). I stood with my arms folded, scowling and sulking because I got dragged to this party.

Now, I don't consider myself good-looking, but the jacket, boots, jeans, folded arms and scowl gets some guys going. Oh yes, and I'm shaved bald. I don't know how many times guys came up to me: "Are you the bouncer?" (wtf, are you blind? I'm 5'5" :rolleyes:). I growl, "no". Bad move... I get "that look", the one that says "ooh, commit whoredoms upon me!" :drool: yeah OK, as if...

Another one comes up to me, pats me on the chest and "says "you're not in a happy place [frame of mind], you have to make yourself happy, it's NYE" (thinks I, "so ****ing what? the sun has risen for the past 5 billion years, and will do so for the next 5 billion years on New Year's Day with or without me"). He's still patting my chest. I growled "touch me one more time, and you will draw back a bloody stump" (yeah, I'm bad, I'm alpha :D). Bad thing to say... I get "the look" again. Shortly after that I said to my partner, I'm leaving, with or without you. So I left him dancing and went to fall asleep in my truck. :eek:

Yes, I am boring.
In a weird way I can understand that, lol. The distaste for things like parties and such, that is.

Wherenextcolumbus

There's several ways, depending on what are your specific needs. You can, if you have an ultra-sensitive scalp, simply make a baking soda paste to rub through your hair that will clean and invigorate your scalp. Condition with a diluted apple cider vinegar rinse (at least 1 part vinegar with 1 part water), then rinse the hair under cool water for 60 seconds.

But if a sensitive skin isn't in the way, you can dilute a moisturizing bar of soap by melting it with some water, then throwing in some vegetable-based glycerin and some jojoba oil, keep in a bottle by the shower and use however much you need. The great thing is you can mix in various herbs and essential oils if you'd like depending on mood or on skin needs. If you use herbs, steep your herbs in some hot water as if making a very strong tea, and then using the water to dilute the melted soap (like castile or Dr Bronners - which I adore).

I recently made a shampoo with fresh rosemary and mint from our garden this past month. It smells SO good. :yes:

Baking soda is acidic nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo!

Wirey

Fartist
Careful, I'm also a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan who is well aware of the franchise history

My dad pitched in the low minors for the Cards in the 60s. I was scouted pretty heavily in the 80s as a pitcher, but I'm only 5' 10", and my fastball peaked at 92. Plus, when I got tired, my control went straight to Hell.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Baking soda is acidic nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo!

No, it isn't. It's amphoteric. It has a lot of uses for first aid and safe cleaning around the home. It's regularly prescribed as a skin cleaner for people with highly sensitive skin who react to sulfates present in many shampoos and soaps. Also, people who cannot tolerate surface cleaners, dishsoaps, and any detergent can use baking soda safely and effectively.

Also, remember that baking soda can be used as a natural antacid for people who suffer from acid indigestion and heartburn.

Wherenextcolumbus

No, it isn't. It's amphoteric. It has a lot of uses for first aid and safe cleaning around the home. It's regularly prescribed as a skin cleaner for people with highly sensitive skin who react to sulfates present in many shampoos and soaps. Also, people who cannot tolerate surface cleaners, dishsoaps, and any detergent can use baking soda safely and effectively.

Also, remember that baking soda can be used as a natural antacid for people who suffer from acid indigestion and heartburn.

Oh I remember watching this video when a woman did a ph test and it came out acidic she said hair products ideally should be neutral

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My dad pitched in the low minors for the Cards in the 60s. I was scouted pretty heavily in the 80s as a pitcher, but I'm only 5' 10", and my fastball peaked at 92. Plus, when I got tired, my control went straight to Hell.

Very cool that you were scouted. :)

Was your fastball your niche? And did you use it to your advantage to paint the corners of the plate (a la Maddux)? Or did you focus more on mixing up your pitches with curveballs, change-ups, or sliders?

Cards in the '60s for your dad? I'm really impressed! Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Mike Shannon, Tim McCarver, Orlando Cepeda, Kenny Boyer...one of the golden eras in Cardinals history, including Gibsons 1.12 ERA in '68. What's awesome about being a ridiculous baseball fan is that we live around St. Louis, which is a city known for the Arch by the riverfront and the baseball team, so the baseball games are the top local story no matter where they are in the standings. Jack Buck is forever memorialized, and we prefer to remember Harry Carey when he was an announcer for the Cardinals, and say that was when he was in his prime as a play-by-play radio announcer.

Our local stations have a tendency to show footage of past Cardinals championship seasons. And it's not uncommon to see facebook updates of many local friends who say they're at Busch Stadium to watch the game with their families.

When my dad was doing really well in his career, he would get season tickets that were front row right behind the visitors dugout down the third base line. I often times lost count of how many baseball players I'd met briefly as a teenaged 15 year old girl. I also upped my cred in high school when I'd have an opportunity for people to come and hang out with me at Busch Stadium with front row seats right next to the visitors dugout.

It's kind of like a regional sports fascination. You can't drive through Indiana or North Carolina without passing by hundreds of homes with basketball nets in their driveways. Texas and Florida have their obsession with football. And here in the St. Louis area, people are obsessed with baseball.

Funny thing is, even with some people around here, I'm still considered boring when I talk pitching mechanics and field positioning. But at least I can say something like, "Hey! Where were you when David Freese hit the home run in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series?" and everybody has an excited answer around these parts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh I remember watching this video when a woman did a ph test and it came out acidic she said hair products ideally should be neutral

Well, if the video showed her diluting or mixing the baking soda with a particular solution, it's possible that the resultant compound is acidic. But that's because NaHCO3 is amphoteric and can act as both a base and an acid depending on the environment it's introduced into. It's why the substance is so ubiquitous and can be found in such a variety of applications. You can bake with it and you can clean with it.

Also, I wonder if the woman in the video understood the properties of baking soda when mixed with vinegar.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I tend to forget stories I've told people and repeat certain ones to many people more than once.

That, and I've been told my interest in History, Theology and Philosophy is borderline boring.

Wherenextcolumbus

Well, if the video showed her diluting or mixing the baking soda with a particular solution, it's possible that the resultant compound is acidic. But that's because NaHCO3 is amphoteric and can act as both a base and an acid depending on the environment it's introduced into. It's why the substance is so ubiquitous and can be found in such a variety of applications. You can bake with it and you can clean with it.

Also, I wonder if the woman in the video understood the properties of baking soda when mixed with vinegar.

she mixed it with a bit of water.

I think it was this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9axA0A6_Q

Last edited by a moderator:

Wirey

Fartist
Very cool that you were scouted. :)

Was your fastball your niche? And did you use it to your advantage to paint the corners of the plate (a la Maddux)? Or did you focus more on mixing up your pitches with curveballs, change-ups, or sliders?

Cards in the '60s for your dad? I'm really impressed! Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Mike Shannon, Tim McCarver, Orlando Cepeda, Kenny Boyer...one of the golden eras in Cardinals history, including Gibsons 1.12 ERA in '68. What's awesome about being a ridiculous baseball fan is that we live around St. Louis, which is a city known for the Arch by the riverfront and the baseball team, so the baseball games are the top local story no matter where they are in the standings. Jack Buck is forever memorialized, and we prefer to remember Harry Carey when he was an announcer for the Cardinals, and say that was when he was in his prime as a play-by-play radio announcer.

Our local stations have a tendency to show footage of past Cardinals championship seasons. And it's not uncommon to see facebook updates of many local friends who say they're at Busch Stadium to watch the game with their families.

When my dad was doing really well in his career, he would get season tickets that were front row right behind the visitors dugout down the third base line. I often times lost count of how many baseball players I'd met briefly as a teenaged 15 year old girl. I also upped my cred in high school when I'd have an opportunity for people to come and hang out with me at Busch Stadium with front row seats right next to the visitors dugout.

It's kind of like a regional sports fascination. You can't drive through Indiana or North Carolina without passing by hundreds of homes with basketball nets in their driveways. Texas and Florida have their obsession with football. And here in the St. Louis area, people are obsessed with baseball.

Funny thing is, even with some people around here, I'm still considered boring when I talk pitching mechanics and field positioning. But at least I can say something like, "Hey! Where were you when David Freese hit the home run in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series?" and everybody has an excited answer around these parts.

I was a fastball-sinker guy. I had a curve and a change, but I relied on the heater when I was in trouble. I threw a no-hitter in a playoff game against a team that had two future big league players on it when I was 18. 17 punch outs, no three ball counts, and an error by the second baseman (who I still don't speak to) was their only baserunner. The Dodgers, Astros, and Expos all worked me out within a week, but I just never got tall enough.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
she mixed it with a bit of water.

I think it was this video
[youtube]yT9axA0A6_Q[/youtube]
♡♡♡Structure of Hair Part 2 - pH Balance Basics - YouTube

Did you get out of the video that she said baking soda is acidic? She states a few times that it's more alkaline than water, which is true. And it certainly acts as a base when mixing it with apple cider vinegar (which she does in the video). She does have questions concerning using a baking soda paste on hair and scalp, but if the trade off is using sulfates and petroleum based product on hair, using a baking soda paste followed by an apple cider vinegar rinse is outstanding for the scalp.

But what she doesn't take into account is the properties of NaHCO3 is its range of reactions to whatever environment it's placed into. I like that she's asking questions, experimenting, and hypothesizing about the results for sound structure in skin and hair cleansing and conditioning, but at least from this video I think she's leaving out a few things.

Then again, my own understanding of chemistry might be off too. I do know I've used baking soda paste on my own hair for months at a time followed by an ACV diluted rinse, and my hair was shiny, soft, and my scalp was extremely healthy. Much healthier than many of the mass-produced shampoos on the market. So, I kept that routine. Then I discovered that many men and women can ONLY use baking soda as their base for skin and hair cleansing if they are hyper-sensitive or allergic to sulfates, perfumes, dyes, and any other petroleum based product.

Who knew? :shrug:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I was a fastball-sinker guy. I had a curve and a change, but I relied on the heater when I was in trouble. I threw a no-hitter in a playoff game against a team that had two future big league players on it when I was 18. 17 punch outs, no three ball counts, and an error by the second baseman (who I still don't speak to) was their only baserunner. The Dodgers, Astros, and Expos all worked me out within a week, but I just never got tall enough.

NICE!! Were you being scouted as a starter? Or was there interest in bullpen work?

Congrats on the no-hitter!! And especially that you never got to a 3-ball count on any of the hitters! That's not only great in any complete game, but phenomenal in a no-hitter! Efficient work right there. In fact, it's a perfect game, unless the other team had a baserunner with a passed ball on a third strike. They never got a hit or a walk.

Regardless, I'm very impressed! :yes:

As a fastball-sinker guy, you probably aimed to produce a lot of grounders for the infield. Unless you got in trouble where you relied on the fastball for a strike out.

One more thing, if everybody else who's reading this thread has fallen asleep because of our baseball conversation, wanna join me in shaving off an eyebrow or two on them for fun?

Wherenextcolumbus

Did you get out of the video that she said baking soda is acidic? She states a few times that it's more alkaline than water, which is true. And it certainly acts as a base when mixing it with apple cider vinegar (which she does in the video). She does have questions concerning using a baking soda paste on hair and scalp, but if the trade off is using sulfates and petroleum based product on hair, using a baking soda paste followed by an apple cider vinegar rinse is outstanding for the scalp.

But what she doesn't take into account is the properties of NaHCO3 is its range of reactions to whatever environment it's placed into. I like that she's asking questions, experimenting, and hypothesizing about the results for sound structure in skin and hair cleansing and conditioning, but at least from this video I think she's leaving out a few things.

Then again, my own understanding of chemistry might be off too. I do know I've used baking soda paste on my own hair for months at a time followed by an ACV diluted rinse, and my hair was shiny, soft, and my scalp was extremely healthy. Much healthier than many of the mass-produced shampoos on the market. So, I kept that routine. Then I discovered that many men and women can ONLY use baking soda as their base for skin and hair cleansing if they are hyper-sensitive or allergic to sulfates, perfumes, dyes, and any other petroleum based product.

Who knew? :shrug:

Opps I thought she said it was acidic, I'm just going to go now

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
NICE!! Were you being scouted as a starter? Or was there interest in bullpen work?
Congrats on the no-hitter!! And especially that you never got to a 3-ball count on any of the hitters! That's not only great in any complete game, but phenomenal in a no-hitter! Efficient work right there. In fact, it's a perfect game, unless the other team had a baserunner with a passed ball on a third strike. They never got a hit or a walk.
Regardless, I'm very impressed! :yes:
As a fastball-sinker guy, you probably aimed to produce a lot of grounders for the infield. Unless you got in trouble where you relied on the fastball for a strike out.
One more thing, if everybody else who's reading this thread has fallen asleep because of our baseball conversation, wanna join me in shaving off an eyebrow or two on them for fun?
I realize that this is a thread for boring people talking about why they're boring, but to actually & continually demonstrate why you're so boring is above & beyond the call of duty. So please, will you.......zzzzzzzzzzz....... (snort) zzzzzzzzz...... ZZZZZZz.......... (snort, cough, wheeze) Whuh? Where was I?