• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your bible?

SoyLeche

meh...
I use the LDS edition of the KJV. The text is the same, but there are footnotes corelating the Bible with the other LDS scriptures, as well as a Bible Dictionary and Topical Guide. I think the chapter headings are unique to the LDS edition as well.

mr.guy

crapsack
I've poured over my "picture bible" countless times...i'd be better served with a "pop-up" bible, though.

d.

_______
the old swedish translation from 1917, mostly. there's a new translation, but i don't like it. the language has more oompf! in the old one.

if i need an english quote i use this.

mr.guy said:
I've poured over my "picture bible" countless times...i'd be better served with a "pop-up" bible, though.

i used to have an 'etch-a-sketch' bible once, but i accidentally pressed the wrong button and lost it.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Since this is the comparative religion section, it would be my 'book of knowledge', sometimes called a 'book of shadows'. It's wisdom that I've garnered, plus wisdom from others.

mr.guy

crapsack
divine said:
i used to have an 'etch-a-sketch' bible once, but i accidentally pressed the wrong button and lost it.
I understand a full third of Thomas Hardy's work was lost to the ages likewise.

The world breathed easier thereafter.

Reactions: d.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
michel said:
KJV.........if it was good enough for him...........
Yeshua had a bible?

... it wasnt even completed until 90 years after his death... and even after that time....o.0

Nehustan

I have a beautiful burgundy calfskin authorised Cambridge KJV which is my version of choice, and I also have a pocket sized 'Good News' Bible, both bibles figured in my schooling.

Nehustan

michel said:
KJV.........if it was good enough for him...........
Buttons* said:
Yeshua had a bible?

... it wasnt even completed until 90 years after his death... and even after that time....o.0

I think Michel means James Stuart...

jimmy_stewart.jpg

...no not that one ;)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i think it would be interesting to flick through Feathers' BoS, she has so many beautiful thoughts, it would make for a wonderful read!

i keep a BoS, as a spiritual journal, and i keep several translations of the Bible :eek:

Ody

Torah and the Talmud i would consider "my bible" glad to see ya back l.r :)