• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When One Wonders if Coincidence becomes Godcidence.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Didn't know where to post this - a history of my journey.

Moderators, feel free to change location.

This might be a little lengthy.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

My wife is pregnant after two miscarriages but this one is going full term. We are buying furniture for the soon-coming son and we go garage-sale buying. (Hey :) you do what you gotta do with the money you have)

We found a chest of drawers. This couple is moving quick as they are going to Oklahoma to a Bible school so the price is right. As we talk to the wife, she shares how her eldest was born with his intestines outside his body and that after the doctors put it all back in, the body closed the whole and swirling into what looked like a belly button of sorts. That God had answered her prayers.

My thoughts... "Ok, lady. And?" as I said, "How much are you asking for this chest of drawers". The business deal was sealed at $20.00 and we carted it off.

Fast forward some years.

A Spanish speaking couple (bi-lingual) in Chicago hear God saying "Quit your lucrative jobs and start a Spanish speaking church in Florida!" They checked with their pastors and the pastor said "Sounds like God to me" - and they promptly moved to Orlando.

Desiring to have one of their children see their grandparents in Chicago, they are seeing him off at the Orlando International Airport (MCO). While praying for their son before boarding (praying with their understanding and praying in the spirit) they hear this other couple doing to same thing.

After seeing their child off, they connect with the other pastors who said, "We just moved our church into a rental place and we really feel like we should also have a Spanish speaking ministry. Do you think God is in it?" Both believe God is moving and they move to Melbourne/Palm Bay, Fl.

Before their opening service, they go through the phone book and send an invitation to anyone with a Spanish name. They reach mine (as they recount it) - they saw Delgado, Kenneth and asked each other, "Do we send one to this person? His first name isn't exactly Spanish." They decided to send it anyways - our with the other 199 letters! (That was all the Spanish names at that time in our area)

In my home, my wife receives a phone call from her teenage sister in Venezuela who said, "Every time I cross this bridge, I hear a voice that says, 'JUMP AND KILL YOURSELF'!" My wife said, "Pack your bags and come live with us". Hanging up she thought, "OOPS, I haven't even asked Kenny". But it was OK and she came.

We were seeking. My wife and I had run the gamet of Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian churches. My wife was Catholic and I accompanied her to the Church. But we both felt empty. Finally, I said, "Well, we have to make a decision, maybe I'll just become a Catholic".

But her sister came.

We would have never gone to this opening service as my wife was fully "English only" in my life. (She always loved English)

But the letter came and we said, "Well, she will need some Spanish friends - let's take her there to meet other Spanish people". Personally, we didn't know any other Spanish speaking people.

Of all the letters sent, we were the only couple that came from our area. After encountering Jesus and listening to the English speaking pastors message, the wife said, "I had a son who was born with his intestines outside his body and that after the doctors put it all back in, the body closed the opening and swirled it into what looked like a belly button of sorts. God had answered my prayers." - It was the same woman with whom we bought the chest of drawers from. She recognized it when she saw it.

There is more to it in reference to the husband but I didn't want to make this overly long.

Coincidence? Godcidence?

Chances that the two pastors would meet in the Orlando International Airport? Chances that we went to the same church that we bought the chest-of-drawers from?

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me there's a divine breeze that makes for a "light burden" if one is sensitive to it and says "yes" to it. Doors can open and coincidences become apparent in a remarkable and memorable way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My wife is pregnant after two miscarriages but this one is going full term. We are buying furniture for the soon-coming son and we go garage-sale buying. (Hey :) you do what you gotta do with the money you have)
Congrats!!! :heart:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
To me there's a divine breeze that makes for a "light burden" if one is sensitive to it and says "yes" to it. Doors can open and coincidences become apparent in a remarkable and memorable way.
:) Love it. I call it "the wind of God's Holy Spirit".

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Psychologist Gustav Jung called such events "synchronicity." He focused on the meaningfulness of such coincidences to the experiencer, rather than their improbability or whether there was a higher level directing events...