• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

which single issue do you think is most important

amorphous_constellation

no polls.. too lazy and too much work. Just what issue does it kind of come down to for you. Or if it is all of them at once, explain how that works please

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
ecological overshoot.

It's an issue in North america and everywhere else. And of course, the closest any politician gets to it is to distract us with discussions of "climate change", which is a drop in the bucket compard to overshoot.

amorphous_constellation

ecological overshoot.

It's an issue in North america and everywhere else. And of course, the closest any politician gets to it is to distract us with discussions of "climate change", which is a drop in the bucket compard to overshoot.
I tend to be on board with that , it's probably one of the most consistent views I've had, although I haven't heard of that exact term before to describe it.

Climate change is not exactly the same as that, I agree

Any good books that you'd recommend..

QuestioningMind

no polls.. too lazy and too much work. Just what issue does it kind of come down to for you. Or if it is all of them at once, explain how that works please
Climate change... it effects EVERYONE. Though, if we don't prevent the orange clown from destroying our democracy, there's no chance whatsoever that the issue will ever honestly be addressed.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
National security.

One, two, three, democracy, the American dream, and the opportunity to pursue happiness. One is for the 1st, two is for the second, and three is for the TKO, which I really don't want to deal with, so unless we can secure our nation in conjunction with our type of government, we end up on the fallen end of a TKO.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

Climate change. As has already been said, this affects the planet.

Undemocratic authoritarianism comes second. It might appear that this issue only affects the U.S., but if a fascist authoritarian comes to power there, it will have wide-ranging implications for the entire globe.
What is your opinion though, of ecological overshoot? Climate change is kinda like looking at the shadows on the ground, in regards to the bigger picture. I think 'climate change' arguments can also be to set up to challenge 'ecological overshoot,' in a fallacious way, I sense.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What is your opinion though, of ecological overshoot? Climate change is kinda like looking at the shadows on the ground, in regards to the bigger picture. I think 'climate change' arguments can also be to set up to challenge 'ecological overshoot,' in a fallacious way, I sense.
What difference do you think this has in terms of U.S. policy?

Pogo

Cost of living and affordability.
Well then Harris is your babe because she wants to increase the supply of affordable housing so people aren't stuck paying to others for rentals and doesn't want to impose pointless tariffs that will increase the cost of everyday goods to the average person by $2600 dollars or so. She would also like to increase taxes on those most capable of affording it like huge businesses and the top 1% of earners to pay down the deficit so that we can reduce the pressure on the credit market and save on the interest we will all end up paying anyway.
Really better than Trump taking a cash advance on a credit card and leaving it till later to pay it back like he did last time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well then Harris is your babe because she wants to increase the supply of affordable housing so people aren't stuck paying to others for rentals and doesn't want to impose pointless tariffs that will increase the cost of everyday goods to the average person by $2600 dollars or so. She would also like to increase taxes on those most capable of affording it like huge businesses and the top 1% of earners to pay down the deficit so that we can reduce the pressure on the credit market and save on the interest we will all end up paying anyway.
Really better than Trump taking a cash advance on a credit card and leaving it till later to pay it back like he did last time.
Well like I mentioned to you last time, if she does something right , I'll definitely compliment her.

amorphous_constellation

More housing = less arable land, so food prices go up... right? And our environment gets less. Right? So @fantome profane this is a piece of what I mean. It's just one example. Leftism, to me, is a gnarled contradiction.

And Pogo, what makes things from overseas or elsewhere cost less exactly? It's because the workers in those places don't have great conditions, right? So yeah, that should probably come with a tariff penalty. Why not. I mean really