• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Most Centrist Candidate ?

Paranoid Android

I am a Centrist as far as my policys . I fully support the Counstitution and the Bill of Rights. I support fully the Democrats and the Republicans.
I believe that both parties play essential roles in our government. The Republicans play a role because they are for slower action, and do not want to change things. The Democrats play a role because they are for faster action and come up with many new, innovative ideas. Both Conservatives and Liberals play a role too.
I want the most Centrist candidate to win. But who is that ? I am left of Center. I consider Ms. Clinton to be my candidate more then likely. The women in the middle east need a strong, Feminist leader and feminism in the Middle East. The horrors done by ISIS against women should be met by the only thing that ISIS understands: a blade across their throat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The only mainstream centrist presidential hopeful I know of is Bernie Sanders.

American politics is very skewed to the right.
From our perspective, politics is always centrist (if we sum up all the variation).
Outsiders will tag us as something else.
The big question is which way the center is moving.
I say we've been heading to the left (approximately).
Some changes (militarization of police, universal surveillance) are independent of left v right.

Btw, I wouldn't be so sure that Hillary would be all that beneficial for the women (or men) in the countries she might attack.

Paranoid Android

From our perspective, politics is always centrist (if we sum up all the variation).
Outsiders will tag us as something else.
The big question is which way the center is moving.
I say we've been heading to the left (approximately).
Some changes (militarization of police, universal surveillance) are independent of left v right.

Btw, I wouldn't be so sure that Hillary would be all that beneficial for the women (or men) in the countries she might attack.
How would Ms. Clinton be bad for women ? The women in the Middle East need to take a more assertive role. Women are being RAPED by the apes from ISIS. That rape would be stopped by a bullet to the head. Women need to be trained in combat, and all female combat groups must be assembled to kill the apes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How would Ms. Clinton be bad for women ? The women in the Middle East need to take a more assertive role. Women are being RAPED by the apes from ISIS. That rape would be stopped by a bullet to the head. Women need to be trained in combat, and all female combat groups must be assembled to kill the apes.
Hillary's record is that of a hawk, eg, voting for wars & continued funding.
Also, there's no reason to presume that a female president would have any better effect upon Mid East gender equity than a non-female.
It really depends upon the person, one's agenda, one's effectiveness, & the luck of circumstances.
She hasn't been the most progressive of politicians in her career.....even if she tries to sound otherwise.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Webb might be centrist. There are a couple of websites to assess your political views in light of different candidates. They are ontheissues.org and isidewith.com.