• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's waiting for Mabon?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
What is Mabon?

A pagan holiday.

wheelyear.gif

The Druids call this celebration, Mea'n Fo'mhair, and honour the Green Man, the God of the Forest, by offering libations to trees. Offerings of ciders, wines, herbs and fertilizer are appropriate at this time.

Oh, and don't forget, celebrate! Get out there and have fun!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks, I knew about Samhain, Yule, Beltane, and the Summer Solstice but not the other four.

Ceridwen018

Druidus, You should create a thread explaining all of these holidays--their history and the ritual involved, etc. They sound very interesting and I'd like to learn more about them!

Rex

Founder
Ceridwen018 said:
Druidus, You should create a thread explaining all of these holidays--their history and the ritual involved, etc. They sound very interesting and I'd like to learn more about them!
I second that!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Eee, I'm so excited about Mabon this year! Have you got any specific plans, Druidus? I plan on baking a cake, drinking some cider, lighting a candle and just taking time out for some good ol' introspection. :D

I kind of wish I had some people living in my area to celebrate it with, though.. it sucks, the south is so pretty, but there aren't that many neo-pagans down here. :(

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'm just gonna kick it, and relax. I plan on making some cider, and perhaps having a small drink of wine (or two). I love holidays! :jam: