• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't some people accept that the Israelites were black?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
and people from the Sahara are?

They look similar to some East Africans, actually :)

But they aren't the same.

We have DNA, the Human Genome Project, and ancient skeletons. The skulls of black Africans are shaped differently, for instance.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
But they aren't the same.

We have DNA, the Human Genome Project, and ancient skeletons. The skulls of black Africans are shaped differently, for instance.
Who's DNA are talking about, the ancient Egyptians?

Skull shape determines race?

They are saying the Hebrew, Abraham, and Jesus, etc, were black African.

Here is a link to a teaching PDF with lots of pictures showing the differences.

http://www.anthropology.hawaii.edu/people/faculty/pietrusewsky/anth384/lectures/Ancestry.pdf

Wherenextcolumbus

Just out of curiosity, did this thread ever define what "being black" is?

Also I'm quite baffled when people try and say being black is a social construct its a myth, and if I said Gambian people are black no one would be having such a debate about it like they are now. So obviously they do have an idea in their mind about who is black.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Also I'm quite baffled when people try and say being black is a social construct its a myth, and if I said Gambian people are black no one would be having such a debate about it like they are now. So obviously they do have an idea in their mind about who is black.

The only reason there is a debate going on here is because a couple of people keep coming in and saying the Hebrew are Black Africans.

Did you note the title of this thread?

Wherenextcolumbus

The only reason there is a debate going on here is because a couple of people keep coming in and saying the Hebrew are Black Africans.

Did you note the title of this thread?

I'm talking about the debate I was having with other people about the ancient Egyptians. Yes I know the title of the thread.

Flankerl

So you are telling me that you see no difference whatsoever from Berber people and subsaharan africans like for example the Mandinka or Hausa?

Yeah Berber tend to be a lot darker the more southern they live. But thats only logical because there you'd have a higher chance for intermingling with subsaharan africans. Like for example in Mali.
Oh and btw, Tuareg arent the only Berber people.

Wherenextcolumbus

So you are telling me that you see no difference whatsoever from Berber people and subsaharan africans like for example the Mandinka or Hausa?
I googled and saw black african people

Yeah Berber tend to be a lot darker the more southern they live. But thats only logical because there you'd have a higher chance for intermingling with subsaharan africans. Like for example in Mali.
Oh and btw, Tuareg arent the only Berber people.[/QUOTE]

your example was Tuareg they remind me of other black african people

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I defined it as your roots being African. East Africans look different generally from west Africans as do many tribes look distinct from each other, but they are still black African in my opinion.
But you don't want to fully commit to that definition. After all, all modern humans have their roots in Africa. So when does one stop being black? I have a book called "One Drop" in which it details the life of a man who passed as white, yet still was considered black because he had some "black" blood in him. His family also was seen as black, as they could not pass as white. Is he black, or is he white? His skin color is more white than black, and he lived as if he was white.

More so, what about white people who had their roots in Africa? There are many individuals with white skin who have lived in Africa for a very long time, and can say just as well that they have their roots there. Are they black?

The myth of race is one that is deeply ingrained, so it is hard for people to ignore it. Often it become easier for people to still use the categorizations of skin colors to describe people. However, that doesn't mean they agree with the categorizations of race.

The fact that some people still define people by their skin color doesn't really say much, except that such constructs take a long time to pass away.

I'm talking about ancient Egyptians not Hebrews
So are people from the Middle East black?

You can tell those who was never allow to Question what they Believe / Taught by their Religious scholar's , teacher's , theologian's , preachers , reverends , rabbis , pastor's , ministers , Etc Etc , Because they all say the same thing . It like being (Program ) to think only one way . How say is this .