• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why creationism wins.

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Origins both Creation and Evolution are outside the realm of operational science.
Nope.

Neither can be observed, or recreated.
New species have been observed and documented. The most recent and most convincing is the new species of finch on Galapagos Islands.

Faith is a requirement of both systems..
Well, you have to have faith in science to trust science to find the right answers, that's true. But it's not based on one ancient book written by some anonymous author, but based on learning you can do not only through reading of many different sources, but also your own study and research.

It is academically dishonest to say that evolution is proven science.
Only to an ignorant layman. I took classes in it. It's proved. But you have to study a little first.

Evolution is lacking in a lot of ways.

For example:

In the fossil record we would expect to find thousands of transitional forms, yet we lack them.
Every fossil is a transitional form.

We have currently over 500,000 fossils. Every single one is considered both an individual specimen and also a transitional form. We all are unique.

It's a misconception to think that evolution goes in steps like on a ladder. Each individual in a species is unique, and if a group gets separated from its main group, over time the changes become larger in difference, and eventually you have a new species.

Evolution is based on assumptions like uniformitarianism and fallible radiocarbon dating methods that cannot be proved to be correct. There is no way to demonstrate that any current geological processes has always occurred at the same rate or in the same way uniformly in the past, this is something accepted by FAITH, then because of the BELIEF in evolution that REQUIRES millions of years, all evidence is interpreted through the belief of millions of years because without millions of years there is no room for evolution. the biggest evidence for evolution is the assumption that the earth is billions of years old.
You have no clue.

then you have the assumption or belief that micro evolution is somehow proof for macro evolution. again a belief.
Again, seen and documented. And by really understand genetics and how mutation and recombination works, it's not a mystery either. On top of that, computer models simulating the same algorithms produce results as well.

Then you have the mathematical problems of evolution. do yourself a favor and look into the mathematical probability of evolution. Do you have any idea how complex one single cell is? a cell is composed of so many different things that function together, that without one part, the whole cell would die, then talk about the jump from a single cell to a multi cell? and yet we are suppose to believe that a multi-celled organisms eventually evolved by natural random processes from rocks? that takes faith.Where did we get all of our complex elements? and then lets talk about the big bang.Nothing exploded into something.. let's think about the logic of that... something that doesn't exist...suddenly exists... and you call that scientific?
What's the mathematical probability of sharing an identical ERV between two species? How about 22 of them? And also 100 transposons? And other shared genetic code that's only pertaining to those two species?

Let's face it, Evolution is not scientific.
You haven't really taken your time reading and studying the actual scientists on the subject. Stop reading the apologist propaganda and take time to actually study it.

These debates are silly.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Humanzee, The Soviets were all over this and probably not the only one's trying to inseminate a chimp with human seed.

KmZ2SbI.jpg

I think it may be the truth!

We need the Neanderthals.

Whiterain

We need to clone a Neanderthal and ask it questions about what happened.

Of course that picture is fake, there ain't no pigeon man, you think I am the moron?

Whiterain

Here's a hot piece, I'd have to have 2 drums of Ale and a 5th of whisky before I tackled this piece. I don't know how the hell an individual was not dismembered in the practice of seducing a Australopithecus...

nKn6eYG.jpg

Need more studies on this.

A

angellous_evangellous

Could you please respond to my actually statements, unless you don't think you can logically refute them.

Statements that don't come from logic cannot be refuted from logic.

If you were able to think critically, you would already know this.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wasn't that website created by that guy that tried to debate Bill Nye the Science Guy, and failed miserably?

That guy is failing miserably at being a human being. He's a liar and a fraud and deserves all of the derision that he attracts.

haha - every creationist that has debated Bill has failed miserably.

A

angellous_evangellous

Evolution is based on assumptions like uniformitarianism and fallible radiocarbon dating methods that cannot be proved to be correct. There is no way to demonstrate that any current geological processes has always occurred at the same rate or in the same way uniformly in the past, this is something accepted by FAITH, then because of the BELIEF in evolution that REQUIRES millions of years, all evidence is interpreted through the belief of millions of years because without millions of years there is no room for evolution. the biggest evidence for evolution is the assumption that the earth is billions of years old.

Using ALL CAPS is DEBATE VOO DOO.

All my base are belong to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

A

angellous_evangellous

Appeal to Popular Opinion - This type of appeal is when someone claims that an idea or belief is true simply because it is what most people believe.
For example: “Lots of people bought this album, so it must be good.”

Examples of Fallacies

Yes, but you interpret everything through he explosive diarrhea fallacy.

If you don't know what that is, look it up.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Speciation in real time: Speciation in real time

(One of those pesky evilution conspiracy sites from Berkeley University, it's only the oldest U in CA, so it must be wrong with all its "leftwing" anti-christian propaganda!)

A

angellous_evangellous

I know, I'm working on some real comedy.

But with really bad timing.

If we were sitting in a coffee house 200 years ago, all of this would at least be a little relevant.

Here in 2014 we have people so gullible that they are willing to sacrifice their intellectual dignity and equate science to faith.

Or claim that academic / scientific consensus is an appeal to popular belief.

It is true that Christians have always tried to put their religion on par with whatever authority was popular in the day -- first they argued that they embraced traditional Roman morality and were not a threat to the Empire, then they tried to argue that Christian theology was the logical outcome of the best of Greek philosophy, and now Christian theology is the proper application of the natural sciences. The problem with all of this is that while Christianity was complimentary of Greek philosophy, those philosophies are long dead as is the method of lying about the Christian faith to make it scientific.

No one believes these lies anymore. Well, no one except for those Christians who get their rocks off by believing and propagating the lies of self-aggrandizing fools.

Last edited by a moderator:

rusra02

Premium Member
I would certainly not say it's "in crisis," considering that 99.9% of the world's credible scientists accept it as scientific fact.

I'd take it over the "Magic-Talking-Snake-Gave-A-Dirt-Man-And-Rib-Woman-A-Piece-Of-Fruit" Theorem any day.

Facts are facts, whether accepted by the majority of not. I can just picture the mob telling Galileo that 99.9% of the credible scientists accept the earth as the center of the universe.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Facts are facts, whether accepted by the majority of not. I can just picture the mob telling Galileo that 99.9% of the credible scientists accept the earth as the center of the universe.

It wasn't scientists condemning him, it was the religious clergy. As if that comes as a surprise.

A

angellous_evangellous

It wasn't scientists condemning him, it was the religious clergy. As if that comes as a surprise.

True story:

I majored in religion (in undergrad) at a very conservative Christian school.

The faculty and religion department often debated creationism versus religion. It was so bad that the religion professors would berate a student and send them back to the science department with a message for those professors to start teaching real science.

The religion department argued that the students needed to be honest about science and interpret the evidence appropriately.

The science department argued for creationism. And the head of the department was a world renowned virologist.