• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did So Many Ancient Peoples Build Pyramids?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why did so many ancient peoples build pyramids? Did it have anything to do with the fact that no pyramid building society had yet invented the true arch, which would have allowed them to build tall structures that were not pyramids?

Please Note: I'm not interested in speculations about aliens here. If you want to speculate about aliens building pyramids, start your own thread on it.

kadzbiz

I have two thoughts on this.

1. Pyramids, as a block structure, are quite easy to build. There's some professor in France (I think it was) who has just proved his theory on how the pyramids were really built, and it amazed fellow world associates. (I tried to find a link, but couldn't. Maybe someone else is aware of this guy?)

2. Pyramids are believed to have certain preservative powers, which would be perfect for their dead kings etc. The power is most concentrated at 2/3rds up from the floor of the pyramid. I have actually done tests on this theory back in the '80s for a school project and proved it quite successfully on meats and dairy products. (A funny story - we forgot about the project after the results and found the pyramids still in a cupboard in the science room about 6 months later with the products still present. The products under the pyramid were still in a decent condition whereas the product outside of the pyramid was totally rotted away. FYI, the pyramids I built were only a wood frame, not solid enclosed sides.) There's also the theory that if you wear a pyramid frame as a hat, one can improve brain power. I didn't test that one. Perhaps I should have. I might've passed physics!!

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Alignments and unity was one, try finding the north star from Giza and then might show some more.....also find them across Japan also........still adding up all alignments........yet we been lied to, most certainly...there are two many pyramids that align from out space......
From my NDE also, the Matrix (Bibles wording) we are in, seem also to be a pyramid with an eye on top (heaven)…..

SonOfNun

People in the OT used the tower of babble to try to get to heaven. Then God made them all speak different languages, the people parted, and then their view of how they were made and how to "get to God" was perverted.
Just a thought from a Christian perspective.. only makes sense right.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Two features of pyramids come to mind:

1. Pyramids are easy to build and naturally stable. No worries about walls being perfectly plumb and flush; about interlocking corners; about mortar or careful masonry, or about a wall unexpectedly collapsing in a brisk wind. A serviceable pyramid can be built simply by dumping a couple million baskets of earth in a heap and stomping it into the desired shape.

2. An impressively tall structure can be built without modern structural engineering techniques. Because of their natural stability a pyramid can be built to true skyscraper proportions with only the most primitive construction technology.

As far as arches are concerned I doubt this was a factor. Perfectly serviceable and strong doors and windows can be made with lintels.

SonOfNun

look... according to the bible everyone was once together and they build a "tower" to reach heaven. Then God made them speak different languages so that they would go and "fill the earth" or whatever.
They separated and eventually they became quite lost in their ways of religious, and the temple was seen as a way to get to heaven.
I'm not saying that I 100% believe this it just seems like a good theory. I mean it could just be that it was easy to make. But if everyone was together and build a tower together and then separated. Then they all left and still remembered the architecture for the original tower.....Sorry I have to go to work... so I can't finish.

A

angellous_evangellous

Why did so many ancient peoples build pyramids? Did it have anything to do with the fact that no pyramid building society had yet invented the true arch, which would have allowed them to build tall structures that were not pyramids?

Please Note: I'm not interested in speculations about aliens here. If you want to speculate about aliens building pyramids, start your own thread on it.

Because they are easy to build.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I have two thoughts on this.

1. Pyramids, as a block structure, are quite easy to build. There's some professor in France (I think it was) who has just proved his theory on how the pyramids were really built, and it amazed fellow world associates. (I tried to find a link, but couldn't. Maybe someone else is aware of this guy?)

This is a pretty reasonable expectation. If a culture wants to build something huge, and doesn't have steel manufacturing or giant powered machinery, the pyramid is pretty much the only option. It's a good solution to a problem, so it could merely be that through trial and error many ancient cultures discovered it independently, as they did with agriculture, domestication of animals and written language.

2. Pyramids are believed to have certain preservative powers, which would be perfect for their dead kings etc. The power is most concentrated at 2/3rds up from the floor of the pyramid.

This may also be an important aspect. Humans seem almost hard-wired to spot patterns, and pyramid structures are naturally full of mathematical patterns. When we see these patterns, we tend to give them spiritual significance, so pyramids take on an otherworldly character because we see these numerical patterns.

Pariah

Let go
Pyramidal structures allow for support, thus allowing greater height and a little less space between the deceased and the Gods.