• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do different places exist and why can't we as humans be in more than one place at a time ?

Massimo2002

So here's what I am saying why isn't everywhere just one place such as Edmonton or New York City Or North America why are there no boundaries beyond any place on earth ? And why do so many places exist ? I know someone will say that it's because the earth is a big place but why is the earth a big place why can't it just be one small place ? And why can't I be in say Italy and Canada at the same time why is there a boundary on being in only one place at a time ?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So here's what I am saying why isn't everywhere just one place such as Edmonton or New York City Or North America why are there no boundaries beyond any place on earth ? And why do so many places exist ? I know someone will say that it's because the earth is a big place but why is the earth a big place why can't it just be one small place ? And why can't I be in say Italy and Canada at the same time why is there a boundary on being in only one place at a time ?

Apparently that is how it is.
In the end for questions of why it is so, the answer ends in because it is so.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm of the opinion there is no place like home.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Originally because of tribalism.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Tribes had borders to their land, those borders were considered useful to control who entered and left their land. As tribes joined up and created countries those borders grew to enclose a country.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think it's possible for a single individual to be in two places at the same time. There's only one of me, so I can only be in one place at a time.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Just being reality, and why there is perhaps enough evidence that our consciousness comes about from being confined within a human animal, and limited by such, just as with all other life? But no doubt with AI and all that follows, what you request will be perhaps forthcoming.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So here's what I am saying why isn't everywhere just one place such as Edmonton or New York City Or North America why are there no boundaries beyond any place on earth ?

Material objects are fundamentally defined by time+space, where-and-when. The human mind naturally designates many different places, because there are many different objects each existing in its own time and place. If so, naturally, there will be many places with distinct labels.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I get the feeling that you’re not asking why we can’t all metaphorically link arms, embrace one another, and celebrate with joy the oneness of humanity. I get the feeling that you are asking literally why the earth cannot somehow be shrunk to a different size, why you cannot be at home in Edmontton, but when you step outside be in Rome, Italy. I get the feeling you want to know literally why youcannot be phyically in two places at the same time.

I find that concerning.

Last edited:

Massimo2002

I get the feeling that you’re not asking why we can’t all metaphorically link arms, embrace one another, and celebrate with joy the oneness of humanity. I get the feeling that you are asking literally why the earth cannot somehow be shrunk to a different size, why you cannot be at home in Edmontton, but when you step outside be in Rome, Italy. I get the feeling you want to know literally why youcannot be phyically in two places at the same time.

I find that concerning.
Why would asking this question be concerning ?