• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do so many Americans on YouTube comments sections and Internet Forums hate Canada ?

Massimo2002

I went onto some YouTube videos about Canada vs the United States and the vast majority of comments were Americans hating on Canada and I even went on a video by conservative commentator Matt Walsh saying how he hates Australia and someone in the comments said that They hate Canada for being weak and woke there's also this guy on an incel Forum that really hates Canada because he says Canada is less free than the United States and a slave to Great Britain and one guy said that Canada is a wasteland compared to the United States anyway all these things make me feel mighty insecure.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I went onto some YouTube videos about Canada vs the United States and the vast majority of comments were Americans hating on Canada and I even went on a video by conservative commentator Matt Walsh saying how he hates Australia and someone in the comments said that They hate Canada for being weak and woke there's also this guy on an incel Forum that really hates Canada because he says Canada is less free than the United States and a slave to Great Britain and one guy said that Canada is a wasteland compared to the United States anyway all these things make me feel mighty insecure.

I wouldn't worry about what people on incel forums say about Canada. I think most Americans have a rather fond attitude towards Canada. Some people might do some light ribbing and razzing, but it's just joking around. Some may not like the government of Canada, just like people don't like our government in America.

I've noticed a lot of Americans are just plain cranky these days.

To be fair, I've heard some Canadians say some pretty nasty things about America. Aussies, too. In fact, I remember a Usenet newsgroup I used to visit decades go called alt.flame.the.usa, and it was frequented by Americans, Australians, Canadians, and Brits who would tear into each other about their countries. Everyone was trolling, but it had its humorous aspects.

Massimo2002

I wouldn't worry about what people on incel forums say about Canada. I think most Americans have a rather fond attitude towards Canada. Some people might do some light ribbing and razzing, but it's just joking around. Some may not like the government of Canada, just like people don't like our government in America.

I've noticed a lot of Americans are just plain cranky these days.

To be fair, I've heard some Canadians say some pretty nasty things about America. Aussies, too. In fact, I remember a Usenet newsgroup I used to visit decades go called alt.flame.the.usa, and it was frequented by Americans, Australians, Canadians, and Brits who would tear into each other about their countries. Everyone was trolling, but it had its humorous aspects.
I don't care I just know these people hate me and want me to feel very bad for being born in Canada and I am tired of it.

Bear Wild

I live in the US and if you didn't know it is full of idiots. It is even worse in Texas where I live. They for some reason need to feel superior all of the time - you know everything is bigger in Texas especially egos. I love Canadians. They are still sane in these difficult times. I just hope they accept political refugees from America like me if Trump gets elected.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just look at the Canuckistanians we have here on RF,
@wirey,@Evangelicalhumanist, & @lewisnotmiller.
(The last one is from South Canuckistan).
Their haughty superior attitude...that over-powering
scent of lilac....& their going on & on about poutine.
They're insufferable!

Bear Wild

Don't take it personally, @Massimo2002. Hating is our national pastime.

We even hate each other.
And it seems like it is true now more now than ever. Hate seems to be the new norm in American politics. We need people to disagree to keep us balanced but the new claims of our politicians make it sound we are on the brink of civil unrest. The state I live in is again raising the flag of Texas to succeed. Sitting on a beach in Nova Scotia sounds so much calmer and pleasant right now.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
The algorithims of social media and youtube consistently push expressed opinions to the extremes. So I suggest you would benefit from dialling back on your visiting them. Your mental health will thank you for it!

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Anyone hating on Canada right now is an idiot. I don't pay close attention to idiots.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Just look at the Canuckistanians we have here on RF,
@wirey,@Evangelicalhumanist, & @lewisnotmiller.
(The last one is from South Canuckistan).
Their haughty superior attitude...that over-powering
They're insufferable!

Wow...them's fighting words. Australians are totally different to Canadians.

Canadians : haughty superior attitude...that over-powering
They're insufferable!

Aussies : haughty superior attitude...that over-powering
scent of winning at life....& their going on & on about footy.
They're insufferable!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I went onto some YouTube videos about Canada vs the United States and the vast majority of comments were Americans hating on Canada and I even went on a video by conservative commentator Matt Walsh saying how he hates Australia and someone in the comments said that They hate Canada for being weak and woke

YouTube comment sections are generally not a great place to find level-headed, reasoned commentary. I would suggest simply ignoring or avoiding them for the sake of your mental well-being given their negative effect on it.

As for Matt Walsh, the guy is a hate-filled extremist, so if he has unironically said that he hates Australia, then that is par for the course for him, and I would also find it unsurprising that many among his frequent viewers would have similarly hateful dispositions. He is one of those ideologues who can't seem to discuss many issues of significance without displaying hatred and disdain for those who don't fit into the neat boxes he wants them to fit into. I wouldn't care much what he said or put much stock in his ability to be a fair and reasonable commentator.

PureX

Veteran Member
You searched the U.S. vs Canada and were surprised to see ignorance and animosity?

There are 340 million U. S. citizens, and many of them are feeling quite angry these days. And since they don't want to see themselves being to blame, everyone else becomes a target.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
But those are real people so there opinated words hurt me.

Real people...online. When people are online and anonymous it allows them to indulge in their darker predilections.

Words do hurt and I am sorry you experience that hurt based on your nationality. Just remember that the internet depersonalizes everything and while you may take it personally, folks can be very mean in general and, to them, are only targeting avatars or usernames on a screen.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hate often comes from ignorance, and this is no different. Look up old videos of Rick Mercer's 'Talking to Americans'. Fellow Canadian here, and I have rarely felt what you speak of.