• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Jesus called a son?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
One God is not one person? Why do trinitarians not confess they worship more than one god?
Because the plain and simple fact is that we don't. We worship One God in Three Persons, and Three Persons in One God. The Three Persons are not three Gods, but truly and literally One God. The One God is not just one Person, but truly and literally Three distinct Persons.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because the plain and simple fact is that we don't. We worship One God in Three Persons, and Three Persons in One God. The Three Persons are not three Gods, but truly and literally One God. The One God is not just one Person, but truly and literally Three distinct Persons.

Are you aware of any threat made by The Church against anyone who won't believe it?

Dinner123

Why can't you believe the man Jesus emptied himself and let YHVH in? You are saying he is YHVH. I am saying he is with YHVH. Do you see the difference?

Well, I can't believe that because the Bible is pretty clear that Jesus is God for one thing.
I definitely see the difference.

Let me ask you.

Who is it that ascends and descends according to Prov. 30:4?
And who is it that ascends and descends according to John 3:13?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Proverbs 30:4 is a muse. Please read the context.

John 3:13 No one assends to heaven if the one out of heaven comes down the son of man who is in heaven.

No one can know the way to heaven if the one who is in heaven does not come to show the way. TRUE. The One in Heaven is YHVH. Perhaps (but what do I know?) that last part should read Heaven is IN him, in Jesus. I believe that. YHVH is pleased to dwell in Jesus. IN him. I believe that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus is a man. Humankind was created in God's image. Male and female he created them.

There is no distiction between the members of Christ's body. Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

But God showed God's self to be a male according to the trinity. So in heaven there is a distinction, according to the belief Jesus is God. But the Spirit is perfect. Imperfect humankind must believe there is no distinction, but there is, according to YOU.

God did not show God's self to be a man. In Heaven there is no distinction.

Wasn't it common at the time to refer to oneself and others as, "this son of man"? I seem to have heard that somewhere.

SON OF MAN, was an OT name for the Messiah.

This was relevant because you would ASSUME son of MAN, unless the "man" part needed to be pointed out.

In the NT he's referred to as both, son of man AND Son of God. Son of God became relevant because by all appearances he was a man, albeit with holes in his hands and side.

Wherenextcolumbus

Hi Savagewind, so do you believe Jesus was possessed by Adonai and Adonai used Jesus' body to speak the people?
And where in your opinion does that leave the virgin birth? Thanks!

Repox

Truth Seeker
If there were no son of God there would be no Christianity, and no trinity. My theory is God is a duality. When God came into the world as Jesus Christ, no one understood the concept, not even when Jesus explained that there were two of Him. So, NT writers decided Jesus was the son of God, and also his father. Thus, we have the trinity and a lot of confusion. No one can explain the trinity because it doesn't exist.

If there were no son there would be no new religion. After all, humans already had the OT Lord. Why did they need a new god, or combination thereof. I think it is because most humans don't like the OT Lord (God), so they made up a god that appealed to them. Everyone can identify with a son, or a close relative, but they can't handle an all powerful supernatural being. The gospel authors made up a lot of stories to make Jesus human, and not only human, but very kind, generous, loving, and most important--a human-like god guaranteeing salvation. A Hollywood writer couldn't write a better story.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi Savagewind, so do you believe Jesus was possessed by Adonai and Adonai used Jesus' body to speak the people?
And where in your opinion does that leave the virgin birth? Thanks!

No. I don't believe the body of Jesus was possessed. Possession is the opposite of freedom. Jesus knows the truth and he said the truth will set you free. Let's say Adonai is YHVH. OK? YHVH did not possess Jesus. Jesus possesses the knowledge of YHVH (but not all, just most, and it is enough) and can use the power of The Holy Spirit to accomplish God's will.

The virgin birth is a miracle. We are now aware that procreation does not need sex to happen. Mary became pregnant without sex. Someone on RF said the embryo in Mary that became Jesus consisted of Mary's egg and Joseph's sperm. I certainly think it is possible. Why not? There are much more comnplicated miracles attributed to God.

Wherenextcolumbus

No. I don't believe the body of Jesus was possessed. Possession is the opposite of freedom. Jesus knows the truth and he said the truth will set you free. Let's say Adonai is YHVH. OK? YHVH did not possess Jesus. Jesus possesses the knowledge of YHVH (but not all, just most, and it is enough) and can use the power of The Holy Spirit to accomplish God's will.

The virgin birth is a miracle. We are now aware that procreation does not need sex to happen. Mary became pregnant without sex. Someone on RF said the embryo in Mary that became Jesus consisted of Mary's egg and Joseph's sperm. I certainly think it is possible. Why not? There are much more comnplicated miracles attributed to God.

so are you saying mary collected Joseph's sperm and inserted it into her vagina and got pregnant?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
so are you saying mary collected Joseph's sperm and inserted it into her vagina and got pregnant?

LOL. No! God put it there. LOLOLOLOLOLOL It was a miracle. A miracle is something unnatural that God does. LOLOLOL I'm sorry. please forgive me.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think we are all Sons of God or Consciousness, or whatever name you want to call it, Jesus is the story of a man who simply Realized this truth.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am now very afraid that god may want to repeat this prank again, I hope he doesn't do it to me :D

I am not so free spirited to call the conception of the Earth's savior a prank (a practical joke or mischievous act.)

Jesus is called "God's only begotten son". It is a one time event, I'm sure. Not to worry.

bretzter

I like to consider myself a Christian,yet I too don´t believe in the Trinity doctrine.
God and Jesus,or the Word if you will,are two seperate individual beings.
God has no creation,whereas Jesus,even in a heavenly form as an angel,was
crated by God,or the first of God´s actual creations.
It was too him whom God conversed with in the Garden,when he said "Let us
make man in our image".
Now,if you were to believe as I personally believe,Christ,or Micheal,was the first
of all beings created,and all of the angels are called "sons of God",if that be so,
would that not entitle him to be called "God´s Son"?.
Remember even the demons that came out of the possessed man and were
allowed to enter into the sheep that went over the cliff,not only knew him,but were
admonished by Jesus himself to remain silent.
Now,if they were that terrified of him,he had to not just be like any ordinary man,
but rather one of and with authority,or else was given that authority.
And even after all of the miracles he performed,he never once,unlike Satan dared
to either tempt or challenge God´s authority.
What he indeed did and spoke,he learned from the example of that what he saw
from the/his Father.
Even John the Baptist,himself considered a prophet,knew who he was.
Too many things speak for him being God´s son than against him imo.