• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the U.S such a Drug Consuming Nation?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

NArdas

A senior Drug Enforcement Administration official told NPR efforts to target drug cartels operating inside Mexico have unraveled because of a breakdown in cooperation between law enforcement agencies and militaries in the two countries"

"It's a national health threat, it's a national safety threat," he said, adding that drug gangs and criminal organizations now operate inside Mexico with impunity. "They do not fear any kind of law enforcement ... or military inside of Mexico right now."
"According to Donahue, drug interdiction cooperation between the two countries eroded over the last two years when the DEA began to experience a "lack of engagement" on the part of Mexican agencies."

U.S.-Mexico Efforts Targeting Drug Cartels Have Unraveled, DEA Says : NPR

And import that to the U.S by invitation.

I don't care about their torture and murder videos, it's the drug business, but extend an open hand? no, you have to be insane

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member
The title says it all, so why is the U.S such a drug consuming nation?
You mean Big Pharma drugs I guess
Obvious they don't trust God given solutions

OR
They do not know about the alternative ways

OR
They are too sick and in pain to find relief in them

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
"I'm going to make Prozac profitable."
- Mitch Daniels, former Eli Lilly executive and former Governor of Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

Not that different than Europe. Hypocondria is unfortunately widespread.
A good deal of people insist gender dysphoria is a form of body dysmorphic disorder.
Being dismissive isn't nice, and throwing out hypocondria out like that is highly dismissive. Its like when some one says IBS is psychosomatic. It's not, and hypochondriasis is a real disorder involving very high levels of anxiety. And it's rare, with about 4-5% of the population having it.

RestlessSoul

Bit dubious about that list, seeing as the article quotes no sources at all.

I can vouch for the fact that the U.K. has no shortage of alcoholics. Number two in the world though, really?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A good deal of people insist gender dysphoria is a form of body dysmorphic disorder.
Being dismissive isn't nice, and throwing out hypocondria out like that is highly dismissive. Its like when some one says IBS is psychosomatic. It's not, and hypochondriasis is a real disorder involving very high levels of anxiety. And it's rare, with about 4-5% of the population having it.

I am not getting. Are we dealing with medicinal products or with illegal drugs?
Because in my language it deals with 2 distinct terms.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly, could a factor be how expensive the US healthcare model is?
Genuine question, but do you think people avoiding the doctor for fear of bankruptcy might turn to self medication for a variety of issues that may not always be diagnosed. Due to said fear of bankruptcy?

Shadow Wolf

Honestly, could a factor be how expensive the US healthcare model is?
Genuine question, but do you think people avoiding the doctor for fear of bankruptcy might turn to self medication for a variety of issues that may not always be diagnosed. Due to said fear of bankruptcy?
Yes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A senior Drug Enforcement Administration official told NPR efforts to target drug cartels operating inside Mexico have unraveled because of a breakdown in cooperation between law enforcement agencies and militaries in the two countries"

"It's a national health threat, it's a national safety threat," he said, adding that drug gangs and criminal organizations now operate inside Mexico with impunity. "They do not fear any kind of law enforcement ... or military inside of Mexico right now."
"According to Donahue, drug interdiction cooperation between the two countries eroded over the last two years when the DEA began to experience a "lack of engagement" on the part of Mexican agencies."

U.S.-Mexico Efforts Targeting Drug Cartels Have Unraveled, DEA Says : NPR

And import that to the U.S by invitation.

I don't care about their torture and murder videos, it's the drug business, but extend an open hand? no, you have to be insane

I think the War on Drugs has run its course and should be called off. The powers that be were wise enough to end Prohibition of alcohol after only 14 years, but this has been going on for more than half a century and it's been an abysmal failure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I really like Ibuprofen to deal with soreness.
I like caffeine to maintain alertness when driving.
But I don't over-use these.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know many drug users.
The use'm cuz of...
- High blood pressure
- Cancer therapy
- Pain medication