• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why our existence is contingent on God's judgment and sight.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't mean physical body. I mean who you are, when you do actions, has a value aspect to it. Aside from the living experiencer, you have value. That value is related to actions you perform and those actions have intention and are series of state you are in, and this forms part of what makes you you.

The mind cannot be the assessor and value giver. The reason why is because it has no right and even if it did, it doesn't have the wisdom and knowledge and perfect judgment to assess all your deeds and make your value accurate.

I would say also we rely on God's light and judgment to know ourselves. Without any light from God and his witness of the time, we would be totally clueless to who we are. It's God's light that makes us to some degree know ourselves but reality no one knows anyone no matter how good or how evil but God himself.

It's this reality, that we can only be known to God the Perfect judge, that to me is the strongest way to remind yourself of God's existence.

You cannot do without his sight. Not for a second. You exist there, and then you estimate to degree of whatever light you have from him and are ignorant to degree of darkness you have.

Even souls that are totally pure and holy, his chosen ones, although all they judge is accurate about us, it's not full vision and their is hidden matters that God hides from them as well by his mercy, and keeps our intentions to a degree hidden while manifesting to the witnesses to a degree.

In short, the value aspect of who we are, proves God exists, because it needs his vision and judgment to have accurate reality.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't mean physical body. I mean who you are, when you do actions, has a value aspect to it. Aside from the living experiencer, you have value. That value is related to actions you perform and those actions have intention and are series of state you are in, and this forms part of what makes you you.

The mind cannot be the assessor and value giver. The reason why is because it has no right and even if it did, it doesn't have the wisdom and knowledge and perfect judgment to assess all your deeds and make your value accurate.

I would say also we rely on God's light and judgment to know ourselves. Without any light from God and his witness of the time, we would be totally clueless to who we are. It's God's light that makes us to some degree know ourselves but reality no one knows anyone no matter how good or how evil but God himself.

It's this reality, that we can only be known to God the Perfect judge, that to me is the strongest way to remind yourself of God's existence.

You cannot do without his sight. Not for a second. You exist there, and then you estimate to degree of whatever light you have from him and are ignorant to degree of darkness you have.

Even souls that are totally pure and holy, his chosen ones, although all they judge is accurate about us, it's not full vision and their is hidden matters that God hides from them as well by his mercy, and keeps our intentions to a degree hidden while manifesting to the witnesses to a degree.

In short, the value aspect of who we are, proves God exists, because it needs his vision and judgment to have accurate reality.

I can assess and judge my value per my own standards, what ever they happen to be.

Yes, however, I cannot judge my value to others. It is up to them to make that judgement.

I don't see where I need any God to know myself.

You believe in this messengers that can speak for God's values and you choose to judge yourself by the values given by these messengers?
That's ok but it doesn't mean anyone else has to.

So I guess your argument comes down to, in order to be judged by a God you have to believe in this God or at least what the messengers you believe have been authorized by this God to speak for them. So God has to exist for all of this to work. This begs the question which means it is not a logical statement.

Of course your statements need not be logical but it helps others to accept them when they are.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can assess and judge my value per my own standards, what ever they happen to be.

Yes, however, I cannot judge my value to others. It is up to them to make that judgement.

I don't see where I need any God to know myself.

You believe in this messengers that can speak for God's values and you choose to judge yourself by the values given by these messengers?
That's ok but it doesn't mean anyone else has to.

So I guess your argument comes down to, in order to be judged by a God you have to believe in this God or at least what the messengers you believe have been authorized by this God to speak for them. So God has to exist for all of this to work. This begs the question which means it is not a logical statement.

Of course your statements need not be logical but it helps others to accept them when they are.

The witness of time and God's light is without us spiritually, whether there would be Messengers or not, we are contingent on God's light and judgment to know our selves, and even with that light, we don't fully know ourselves, and know that only God truly fully knows us.

I feel like I had to clarify that, while, rebutting what you said otherwise would just be repeating content in the OP.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
This 'argument' is just as obviously flawed as the previous time you posted it.

Value is entirely subjective. We don't have any sort of absolute, true value. It is always somebody's subjective opinion (our own, or somebody else's).
I would say also we rely on God's light and judgment to know ourselves. Without any light from God and his witness of the time, we would be totally clueless to who we are.

Baseless assertion.

It doesn't have an "accurate reality".

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The witness of time and God's light is without us spiritually, whether there would be Messengers or not, we are contingent on God's light and judgment to know our selves, and even with that light, we don't fully know ourselves, and know that only God truly fully knows us.

I feel like I had to clarify that, while, rebutting what you said otherwise would just be repeating content in the OP.

What is "God's light"? Could you define that?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is "God's light"? Could you define that?

It's his face and name. The livings guide appointed by God, their true nature is that of light and the leaders of guidance are light in every soul and are with every soul.

Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are in this time, the light of God through out the universe and rule inwardly the hearts.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's his face and name. The livings guide appointed by God, their true nature is that of light and the leaders of guidance are light in every soul and are with every soul.

Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are in this time, the light of God through out the universe and rule inwardly the hearts.
Do I take this to mean that you think God has a literal face, from which light literally shines?

I'm asking because this idea is foreign to me. Jews believe God has no form or body, thus no literal face.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do I take this to mean that you think God has a literal face, from which light literally shines?

I'm asking because this idea is foreign to me. Jews believe God has no form or body, thus no literal face.

I mean metaphoric of course. God's face is his chosen images and instances of the holy spirit.