• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God create Evolution?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Why would evolution create a god ?.

LOL! That's actually a question anthropologists have discussed about. What's the evolutionary advantage or benefit of having a belief?

That would be something interesting to discuss here as well, I suspect.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
LOL! That's actually a question anthropologists have discussed about. What's the evolutionary advantage or benefit of having a belief?

Beliefs evolve.
The more complex the believer....the more likely he might get it right.

jonathan180iq

This OP question is similar to asking believers, "How exactly G-d created the universe". Just like we don't know the actual mechanics of how G-d created something from nothing, we also don't know other random details about G-d's creation. G-d created physics and natural laws to work as they do. Critiquing Creation and the what-is doesn't accomplish anything.

Why do people do this:

"G-d"

"God"

What's the difference, if all you're doing is punching a different key in place of "O"? The word is the same - it's read the same - the meaning is the same. Why bother with this?

jonathan180iq

I like this concept..

If people believe that the person or persons leading them is divine, they're capable of all types of amazing things in pursuit of pleasing divinity. (It's like wanting to make your dad proud.)

If Ancient Egypt had been full of nothing but skeptics - would there be any pyramids?

I think it's harder to educate the masses than it is to subject them to your rule. And subjection is just easier if they believe in something - anything. This same pattern plays out for all of human history.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I like this concept..

If people believe that the person or persons leading them is divine, they're capable of all types of amazing things in pursuit of pleasing divinity. (It's like wanting to make your dad proud.)

If Ancient Egypt had been full of nothing but skeptics - would there be any pyramids?

I think it's harder to educate the masses than it is to subject them to your rule. And subjection is just easier if they believe in something - anything. This same pattern plays out for all of human history.

Yeah. It's probably something like that. There possibly are benefits to belief for these reasons. Dreaming about a better future makes us work harder and improve our living standards, which might give better chances for survival.

jonathan180iq

It was also the driving force behind a LOT of what developed within individual cultures.
Colors - clothing - architexture - food - song - dance... These were all attached to religious belief.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why do people do this:

"G-d"

"God"

What's the difference, if all you're doing is punching a different key in place of "O"? The word is the same - it's read the same - the meaning is the same. Why bother with this?

Language is for communication. If you understood what I mean the purpose is achieved.

Now please come to the topic.

Regards

Akivah

Why do people do this:

"G-d"

"God"

It's my religious practice. You understood my meaning, so we don't need to delve into it further on this thread.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

Haha, welcome to forum if I have not already said it. I think the answer is that they don't want to misuse his name. Clearly that is not his name, so why bother? I guess that is just an extension of not using his name. Personally I agree with you. I don't think it changes anything. Perhaps we need to be more careful with what we write, rather than thinking that it is all made Ok because we missed out the letter 'o'.... haha

jonathan180iq

Haha, welcome to forum if I have not already said it. I think the answer is that they don't want to misuse his name. Clearly that is not his name, so why bother? I guess that is just an extension of not using his name. Personally I agree with you. I don't think it changes anything. Perhaps we need to be more careful with what we write, rather than thinking that it is all made Ok because we missed out the letter 'o'.... haha

Thanks, R-bert

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It's my religious practice. You understood my meaning, so we don't need to delve into it further on this thread.

To write G-d is not my religious practice. It is a Jewish practice. I don't hate Jews. I like to write like this than to write God which the Christian take for Jesus.

Neither Jews nor Muslims believe Jesus as god; he never was, it is a Christian misconception.

Regards