• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wicca and Sexuality... and while I'm at it...

PyroPathos

Pre-initiate Wiccan
... Is there a more efficient way to search through specific forums? I've only managed to locate the general search bar but I was wondering if I can run smaller searches in specific forums (like this one) so I don't re-thread something that someone else talked about in the past... hope I'm not doing that now!

I was wondering... since there seem to be a lot of variations of Wicca (that I've seen in the people I've met so far) how many of you agree with Wicca's views on sexuality? What I mean is, that so long as it's consentual and no one gets hurt (in a way they don't want) sexual intercourse is pretty much hunky dory? I know a lot of people who have asked me what "Wiccans" think about this, as if I can sum up every persons feelings in an instant X__x I have met a few witches who still prefer to save themselves for marriage, but it always seemed more of a personal "I want real love" preference than a religious one. Just curious if anyone has a totally different viewpoint =)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Most Wiccans and Pagans for the most part celebrate their sexuality. I believe handfasting couples could choose their future sexual restrictions by mutual agreement, other than that, consenting adults are free to do as they please without guilt.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I think it's not so much a matter of "make sure no one gets hurt" as it is a matter of being responsible and taking the necessary precautions, like getting tested and wearing protection if one wishes to avoid pregnancy and/or help prevent STDs. There's always a chance something will slip through and there are also many who derive pleasure from giving or receiving pain. So it I think it's more important to make sure one is responsible and make sure that whoever your doing it with and however your doing it there is mutual consent on all sides. If you have that then you may do what you like. That's the way I see it.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
... Is there a more efficient way to search through specific forums? I've only managed to locate the general search bar but I was wondering if I can run smaller searches in specific forums (like this one) so I don't re-thread something that someone else talked about in the past... hope I'm not doing that now!
if you click the Search tool on the menu bar, it drops down to give you a search bar, and underneath it is an option for "advanced search" which lets you search individual subforums :)

I was wondering... since there seem to be a lot of variations of Wicca (that I've seen in the people I've met so far) how many of you agree with Wicca's views on sexuality? What I mean is, that so long as it's consentual and no one gets hurt (in a way they don't want) sexual intercourse is pretty much hunky dory? I know a lot of people who have asked me what "Wiccans" think about this, as if I can sum up every persons feelings in an instant X__x I have met a few witches who still prefer to save themselves for marriage, but it always seemed more of a personal "I want real love" preference than a religious one. Just curious if anyone has a totally different viewpoint =)

like Rick said, most Wiccans celebrate their sexuality, sex is certainly not a tabboo subject, and Gardner himself orientated his religion and ritual towards getting laid.

Most Wiccans and Pagans for the most part celebrate their sexuality. I believe handfasting couples could choose their future sexual restrictions by mutual agreement, other than that, consenting adults are free to do as they please without guilt.

agreed, individual couples may well also agree not to sleep with other people without getting handfasted - and that's fine to.