• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wicca - The one true religion

turk179

I smell something....
What would the effects on Wicca be if its followers believed that Wicca was the one true religion? Would the effects be positive or negative? Or do you believe that Wicca is the one true religion?

turk179

I smell something....
Just realized that this should be in the religious debates section. Could someone move this for me when they get the chance. Thanks:D

Judgement Day

turk179 said:
What would the effects on Wicca be if its followers believed that Wicca was the one true religion? Would the effects be positive or negative?
Depends on the human resource quality of the followers.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The effects could only be negative. Belief that one's school of thought is better or more accurate than all other schools of thought is more than a bit arrogant. Safer to claim "we don't really know anything", than to assume one has a strangle hold on "The Truth".

I'd say the surest sign that a group has gone over the proverbial edge is when they start to claim their faith alone is the right way or that for some odd reason they alone have a Hotline to Gawd.

Gosh, the things kids come up with, eh. :bounce

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Turk........ you're not trying to ........ organise again........ are you? if wiccans turned round and said wicca is teh one true religion, they would then argue about the diversity of wiccan beliefs, set specific doctrines........ for wicca, this would be a bad thing indeed.

turk179

I smell something....
jeffrey said:
WICCA! WICCA! WICCA!:jam: We came...............We saw........ We kicked back and enjoyed nature...
Thats neat. Ehhh! Can't frubal yet:banghead3.

guysmy

Wicca is eclectic and non-dogmatic - claiming that its the only true religion would go against everything it stands for.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I would agree saying its the only true religion would be dogmatic, which its lack of dogma is what attracts many to it. Also, it would be hard to call it the one true religion with its roots being from older religions, such as Druidism.