• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wife has cancer

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
We found out yesterday that my wife has melanoma. She had a biopsy on a spot on her leg about a week and a half back, and the results came back yesterday. The doctor who did the biopsy said that, due to the shape of the spot, it looks like it won't spread. So, best case scenario, they take the cancer out, it hasn't spread, and she just goes in for yearly check ups (she's light skinned and red headed, which makes her more susceptible to skin cancer). Worst case scenario, well, let's just say I don't want to think about that. The surgery is going to cost 500 dollars, which we don't have, but we'll find some way to get.

So, I'm asking for prayers, metta, thoughts, what ever else y'all have to send this way. We need it.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
You could have fund riasing benifit for her. I hope the best for you all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Best wishes.

Here you go.
Take what you want.
images

Wherenextcolumbus

There are fundraising websites you can set up an account on and have people donate. I'm not sure what the rules are on putting the link on the forums.
All the best, let us know how it goes

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish the best for both of you.

In case you haven't already thought of it, there is family care offered by almost every hospital and medical center. Formerly they were known as "clinics" or "charity care". Often there is no cost if the patients qualify financially. If you don't fully qualify they may work out a plan. The doctors are usually the same doctors who work at the hospital, or with affiliate hospitals.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
D, I know it's scary but try to relax a bit. Over the years my wife has had 8-10 of these skin cancers removed. She has had basal and squamish cell types. One was even malignant and she had a MOHS surgery for that one. None of the cells spread and she's been clear for years. The surgeries were done in the doctor's office. They were simple, relatively painless, and completely successful. But I was a basket case when she had the first one. From what the doctor said about your wife's spot I feel she's going to be ok.
I know the money is a concern, but you'll find a way.

Luck, brother.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'll have her in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your wife gets better! Keep positive, it's better for recovery.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The surgery is going to cost 500 dollars, which we don't have, but we'll find some way to get.
There are fundraising websites you can set up an account on and have people donate. I'm not sure what the rules are on putting the link on the forums.
This should be investigated.

dyanaprajna2011, let me know (by post or PM) if something like this is established.

So, I'm asking for prayers, metta, thoughts, what ever else y'all have to send this way. We need it.
Of course.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Thank you all for your thoughts. Her surgery is scheduled for the 30th of this month. Here's to hoping that all goes well.

You all are definitely in my thoughts. One of our instructors had a procedure several months ago for her melanoma that is quite similar. I know things might feel quite anxious right now (and understandably so after hearing the "Big C Word"), but if it means anything, it sounds as if your wife's prognosis sounds excellent, and she'll be getting exactly what she needs medically.

Big hugs! :hugehug:

Aquitaine

We found out yesterday that my wife has melanoma. She had a biopsy on a spot on her leg about a week and a half back, and the results came back yesterday. The doctor who did the biopsy said that, due to the shape of the spot, it looks like it won't spread. So, best case scenario, they take the cancer out, it hasn't spread, and she just goes in for yearly check ups (she's light skinned and red headed, which makes her more susceptible to skin cancer). Worst case scenario, well, let's just say I don't want to think about that. The surgery is going to cost 500 dollars, which we don't have, but we'll find some way to get.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, dyanaprajna2011.

Well, I hope the Best Case Scenario comes true, best of luck with the surgery on the 30th.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hoping for a clear bill of health for your wife dyanaprajna. It's very good to be in a time where doctors have technology to address such conditions. May the surgery go very well and take very good care, both of you, as well as your entire family.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member

I know this is going to be easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. Catching it early is the key and from what you're saying it sounds like that's may be the case if it's just a spot. I know people that get melanomas taken off of them every year almost (elderly man that used to pick crops with no protection). I get yearly check ups and have had a couple of moles taken off me cause they looked funny, they turned out to be nothing in the end but that doesn't mean they won't be in the future. Just got to stay on top of it.

Stay strong and here's some positive vibes your way. :)