• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Al Gore ever appear on the next presidential election?

syoonsh

I personally like Gore bettern than Bush,

I've seen his speech once when he lost vote by Bush, and

from what I'm thinking, he is much better then Bush about the speech.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One can only hope that Al "I invented the internet" Gore will just say "NO!" Personally I really can't stand listening to the man, although I can handle him more than I can John "I am a joke" Kerry.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm hoping against all hope that the Democrats run someone who can win in '08. But it wouldn't be like the Democrats to do such a thing.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
In the world of politics, nothing is impossible, but I would have to say Gore's return is highly improbable.

During the 2000 election, he was panned as being a 'bore'. He could not energize the Democratic base, and he had virtually no appeal to fence sitters. The fact that he did not carry his own home state of Tennessee is very telling with regards to his overall appeal.

I realize Gore has been trying to re-invent himself, and his "Inconvenient Truth" documentary may help his comeback as the 'environmental President', but I'd like o think the Democrats can do better.

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
Sunstone said:
I'm hoping against all hope that the Democrats run someone who can win in '08. But it wouldn't be like the Democrats to do such a thing.

I think it's better strategy for the Democrats to lose in '08.

If they win, they'll have to deal with all the fallout left behind by the Bushistas, and they'll end up getting blamed for the mess and it will cost them dearly.

Better to let a Republican clean up the Republican mess.

The Democrats should focus on trying to take/keep both houses of congress and then maybe make a bid for 2012.

The best candidate for 2008, by this theory, is Hillary. She'll energize the Democratic base, but there's not an ice-cube's chance in hell that she'll actually get elected.

Gore the bore will neither win the election nor energize the base (but he's a nice fellow, anyway).

Obama 2012 might be a nice ticket.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Capt. Haddock said:

If they win, they'll have to deal with all the fallout left behind by the Bushistas, and they'll end up getting blamed for the mess and it will cost them dearly.

Or they might be heros for the americans if they could step up for it and re-evaluate things again.

Booko

Deviled Hen
CaptainXeroid said:
I realize Gore has been trying to re-invent himself, and his "Inconvenient Truth" documentary may help his comeback as the 'environmental President', but I'd like o think the Democrats can do better.

What I got from watching "An Inconvenient Truth" is that Gore seems to think he can't make a difference on environmental issues within the political realm, so he's reinvented himself and will not be returning to politics.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Capt. Haddock said:

The Democrats should focus on trying to take/keep both houses of congress and then maybe make a bid for 2012.

The best candidate for 2008, by this theory, is Hillary. She'll energize the Democratic base, but there's not an ice-cube's chance in hell that she'll actually get elected.

Gore the bore will neither win the election nor energize the base (but he's a nice fellow, anyway).
Dang, you've been reading my mind again. ;) That's exactly the political calculus I'd be working under if I were a Democratic Strategist.

Obama 2012 might be a nice ticket.
I know so little about the fella, other than he's being put forth with much fanfare.