• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please talk to me?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They have orders from The King for that kind of behavior.

Mark 6:11
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.

I think the proper preposition is for not with. Sorry. :eek:

Wherenextcolumbus

Yes. Love bombing. Haha Other evangelizing religions do it too. The love stops when the lover sees she is not getting anywhere with the love object.

Of course it's not just them. But yes you are right Jesus encouraged his followers to give to the poor, what did he say about rich men getting into heaven? Love bombing is not real love.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Truth be told the preaching of the good news according to JWs' understanding is not showing love at all. To reject their message according to them is to reject God's Sovereignty, and most people do reject their message.

"This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come."
(Matt 24:14)

"I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: 2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. 3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you."
(2 Tim 4:1-5)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matt 28:19, 20)

I think the assignment is clear and has been from the beginning of the Christian arrangement. Love for God and neighbor demands that we obey the clear teachings of scripture and "preach the good news of the kingdom" to all without prejudice. It is "a testimony to all nations" before the foretold "end of this present system of things.

To minimize the importance of the only witness that was to be given before the end, is to place yourself in among those who 'take no note' like the people of Noah's day. It is no co-incidence that Jesus used it as an example of what was to come in the future. (Matt 24:37-39) The door of opportunity will close very soon, just as Jehovah closed the door of the ark.

I don't see anyone "preaching the good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth" as one united body of Christians, except Jehovah's Witnesses.
The plain fact is, Christendom has no idea what the kingdom is...so how can they preach any kind of united message about it? :confused:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

"This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come."
(Matt 24:14)

"I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: 2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. 3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you."
(2 Tim 4:1-5)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matt 28:19, 20)

I think the assignment is clear and has been from the beginning of the Christian arrangement. Love for God and neighbor demands that we obey the clear teachings of scripture and "preach the good news of the kingdom" to all without prejudice. It is "a testimony to all nations" before the foretold "end of this present system of things.

To minimize the importance of the only witness that was to be given before the end, is to place yourself in among those who 'take no note' like the people of Noah's day. It is no co-incidence that Jesus used it as an example of what was to come in the future. (Matt 24:37-39) The door of opportunity will close very soon, just as Jehovah closed the door of the ark.

I don't see anyone "preaching the good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth" as one united body of Christians, except Jehovah's Witnesses.
The plain fact is, Christendom has no idea what the kingdom is...so how can they preach any kind of united message about it? :confused:

I know you don't. THE BIBLE IS PREACHING IT. You do not know the Bible. You trust the men who say they know it. They are not telling you the truth.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Of course it's not just them. But yes you are right Jesus encouraged his followers to give to the poor, what did he say about rich men getting into heaven?
:confused: Huh?

Giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor. Jesus never advocated giving to the poor among the nations who worshipped false gods. If one wanted to become a worshipper of the true God, they had to become one of Jehovah's people. They had to convert to Judaism and serve God along with them, obeying his laws, living and worshipping like Jews.

You can't just call yourself a Christian because of being born into a Christian family or nation. Basically, there is no such thing.

Jews were God's people by birth. They were under the rule of God's law whether they wanted to be or not. But Christians had to choose to become Christians, with all that goes with the title. Becoming a footstep follower of the Christ meant to pick up ones torture stake and follow him into death if necessary. It meant enduring hatred and persecution even from one's own family. (Matt 10:32-38) It meant preaching an unpopular message in a hostile world. It isn't a path for the faint hearted. (Matt 7:13, 14) Any wonder Jesus said that "few" find the road to life and stay on it.

Love bombing is not real love.
Love bombing? What on earth is that?

"Whenever you enter a town or village, find out who is worthy there and stay with them until you leave. 12 As you enter the house, give it greetings. 13 And if the house is worthy, let your peace come on it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And if anyone will not welcome you or listen to your message, shake the dust off your feet as you leave that house or that town. 15 I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for the region of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town!"

Again, this is not an ambiguous message open to interpretation. We are to offer to all the opportunity to come into Jehovah's family of worshippers. But time will reveal who is genuine and who is a 'user'. The 'love we have among ourselves' is genuine. (John 13:34, 35) For those who just want to take advantage of our generous nature, God will weed them out in due time. They cannot stay because they cannot live up to all that Jesus requires of his followers.

Paul under inspiration wrote....

"I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. In no way did I mean the immoral people of this world, or the greedy and swindlers and idolaters, since you would then have to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who calls himself a Christian who is sexually immoral, or greedy, or an idolater, or verbally abusive, or a drunkard, or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person"
(1 Cor 5:9-11)

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Some of you once lived this way. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Cor 6:9-11)

Once a person learns the truth, he has no excuse to continue sinning. All such ones will not remain in the Christian congregation. Unless all of the practices of that previous lifestyle are left behind, one cannot become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Vows are made at the time of baptism and vows to God must be paid, or else we have no business making them. (Eccl 5:4, 5) Marriage vows are treated as very disposable these days....that is not the way God sees them.
If one wants to become a true Christian, there is no toleration of deliberate unrepentant sin. We are told to remove such ones from fellowship. (1 Cor 5:12, 13)
Is that unloving? Can we accuse God of being unloving? These are his rules, not ours.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
I know you don't. THE BIBLE IS PREACHING IT. You do not know the Bible. You trust the men who say they know it. They are not telling you the truth.

The Bible does not preach itself. Jesus didn't give his command to the Bible...he gave the command to his disciples.

Who are you trusting?

Just because you have chosen not to believe the faithful slave, doesn't mean that they are wrong...perhaps your perceptions are skewed. How would you know?

I trust what I see. Jesus said the good news would be preached "in all the inhabited earth", and it has. The end will come when it is accomplished to Jehovah's satisfaction...with us or without us.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor. Jesus never advocated giving to the poor among the nations who worshipped false gods. If one wanted to become a worshipper of the true God, they had to become one of Jehovah's people.

Luke 10:29
29But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" 30Jesus replied and said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead. 31"And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side 32"Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33"But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, 34and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35"On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you 36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

What is this new teaching you are teaching?

Yes, your right. The message of Yehoshua was.

Love God.
Love your neighbor as yourself
Do good to those who persecute you.
Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment
But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.

JWs just like most "christians" ignore these teachings.

Wherenextcolumbus

Luke 10:29
29But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" 30Jesus replied and said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead. 31"And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side 32"Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33"But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion, 34and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35"On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you 36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

opps only read this now lol XD

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Luke 10:29 said:

A new teaching? :confused:

Serving an immediate need to a fellow human is not the same as running a soup kitchen or ongoing programs to feed the homeless and hopeless. This is a job for governments. They should look after their own citizens...should they not?

Running ongoing programs to support these hopeless ones is not the same as helping them to find a better way to live. Propping up a lifestyle that is a choice for many is not the same as helping them to become self sufficient human beings with a purpose and value to their community. Self respect is the start of a better life. Handouts do not produce self respect, nor do they teach individual responsibility.

As to Jesus' illustration of the good Samaritan, if we saw a person drowning or we came across a road crash, would we first ask what religion this person was before we helped them? Seriously, this is the message in Jesus' parable. He did not advocate an ongoing commitment to all Samaritans to help Jews in need any more than he advocated such things to Jews to help all Samaritans in need.

Love of neighbor can be demonstrated in many ways, but offering them a way to everlasting life is the ultimate expression of love.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A new teaching? :confused:

Serving an immediate need to a fellow human is not the same as running a soup kitchen or ongoing programs to feed the homeless and hopeless. This is a job for governments. They should look after their own citizens...should they not?

Running ongoing programs to support these hopeless ones is not the same as helping them to find a better way to live. Propping up a lifestyle that is a choice for many is not the same as helping them to become self sufficient human beings with a purpose and value to their community. Self respect is the start of a better life. Handouts do not produce self respect, nor do they teach individual responsibility.

As to Jesus' illustration of the good Samaritan, if we saw a person drowning or we came across a road crash, would we first ask what religion this person was before we helped them? Seriously, this is the message in Jesus' parable. He did not advocate an ongoing commitment to all Samaritans to help Jews in need any more than he advocated such things to Jews to help all Samaritans in need.

Love of neighbor can be demonstrated in many ways, but offering them a way to everlasting life is the ultimate expression of love.

You have gone way off topic. I was responding to this:

Giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor. Jesus never advocated giving to the poor among the nations who worshipped false gods. If one wanted to become a worshipper of the true God, they had to become one of Jehovah's people.

And you know it. Nice camouflage though. Kudos.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor. Jesus never advocated giving to the poor among the nations

Scripture? Of course there can't be a scripture about what a person never said but which scripture do you go by that proves Jesus taught "giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor"?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Matthew 5:43-48

Loving ones neighbor can be demonstrated in many ways. We show our love to our neighbors by offering them a sure hope for the future and helping in any practical way we can. How can you possibly know what we do?

Matthew 7:12
Would we want the best news ever, delivered to our door by God's personal messengers?
I don't know about you, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I have been returning the favor for more than 40 years.

Matthew 20:28
The blood of Christ was given in exchange for all who seek Jehovah and keep his ways.
The 'broad road' to destruction' is traveled by the "many".

John 3:16 is often quoted by Christians, but how many get past the first part and on to the second?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Unbelievers are not going to benefit from Christ's sacrifice even though they are offered it along with everyone else.

Matthew 5:42
Who was Jesus speaking to? Jews for whom it was illegal to charge interest. (Lev. 25:35, 37)

Proverbs 19:17
Giving to the poor in Israel was not a handout. They were given the dignity of working for their food.
The outer perimeter of their field was not harvested but left for the poor to glean and gather their own food. No Israelite was to sit back and take charity without giving something in return. Even if it was to serve as someone's slave.

1 Corinthians 13:8
"Love never fails" it is true, but true love does not keep one from giving something back when it is in the power of their hand to do so.

Paul's admonition was "In fact, when we were with you, this is what we commanded you: “If anyone isn’t willing to work, he should not eat.”

It is not the ability to work, but one's willingness. No one who is unwilling to work should be given endless charity by God's standards.
Why do you think resources are so overstretched? Charities in Australia are barely coping with demand as people's income diminishes with the ongoing rise in the cost of living?

God's kingdom is the answer to all these problems...that is why it is such good news. It gives real hope for the future....a hope that can never be offered by mere humans.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Scripture? Of course there can't be a scripture about what a person never said but which scripture do you go by that proves Jesus taught "giving to the poor meant giving to your own poor"?

“You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don’t even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matt 5:43-48)

These are Jesus words directed to Jews. He was comparing Jewish written law with Pharisaic oral traditions. He was not advocating what gentiles (unbelievers) should do, but what God's people should do, especially for one another.

"So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith."

We have a first obligation to our fellow believers, but good deeds can be expressed to all regardless of faith. We live up to that teaching. Whenever we see a need in our preaching work, calling on homes where people may be sick, aged or disabled or in other kinds of need, we help them when possible. I know I have on many occasions.