• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please talk to me?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eating at the Lord's table = listening to the governing body

Who are the governing body listening to? Themselves? If the Lord's table means what the governing body are telling then they are eating at a different table.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People will say the governing body eat at the same table. But if the meaning of eating at the table IS the governing body, it makes no sense. How can the table mean what they are telling and they are eating it too? Like a cow that chews it's cud. Holy cow! LOL The words they say are food for the table but they are eating at the table. They are eating their own words.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
When you prepare a meal for your household, do you not sit with them and enjoy the meal too?

The food is served by the slave, it isn't provided BY them. It is given TO them by means of holy spirit to serve the whole family, that includes themselves. They go to meetings just like we do. They go out in the field, just like we do. One flock are guided by one Shepherd.

All of the anointed ones are feeding on God's word just like we are. Some have been chosen to serve it to the others, just as Jesus said.

What was Peter instructed to do in John 21:15-17?
"Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep."

Here is an interesting rendering of Matt 24:45 from the NLT....

“A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them." (Matt 24:45)

Do you see the big picture? It is nothing like you are suggesting, but it is your decision to feed at the table of your choice.

We know who is serving us. A united, peaceful, global brotherhood cannot exist without the operation of holy spirit. Christendom is proof of that.
A global preaching work with one united message for all cannot be accomplished without the guidance of holy spirit in Jesus' capable and loving hands. He promised that this work would be done and he has guided his faithful ones in its accomplishment. (Matt 28:20)

The conclusion is at hand...but where will people find themselves on judgment day?

That is Jesus' decision.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have made not friends doing it. I think the reason is I am going against Jesus' words at Matthew 15:12-20. He said "let them be". Why won't I? He was talking about the Pharisees and NOT about the people putting faith in Jesus. So it's not the same imo.

The Pharisees lead the people with law. The law is not bad.

The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses lead the people with lies. Lies are bad.

See? It's different.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Pharisees work to keep their place that was God given in the first place.

The governing body look to make their place that was never given them.

The prophesy says there would be another one like Moses that would be raised up. Listen to him. The Pharisees do not listen to him. They will not see the pit (Matthew 15:14). But they tell the truth which is they are not listening to him.

The governing body SAY they are listening to him. I know they are NOT listening to him. How do I know? They are not telling the people to listen to Jesus. They are telling the people to listen to them.

The Pharisees are not telling the people to listen to them. They are telling the people to listen to God's Law. To listen to God's Law is a good occupation.

The Pharisees teach the people to be led by The Law. The governing body teach the people to be led by them.

What happens to people who are led by law? They stay out of trouble.

What happens to people who are led by men in power? Have a look at history.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Proverbs 21:3
To do righteousness justice desire YHVH sacrifice.

To carry on righteousness and judgement is more preferable to Jehovah than sacrifice. NWT

The word at Proverbs 21:3 "sacrifice" comes form the root which can mean feast.

Word Origin
from zabach
Definition
a sacrifice
NASB Translation
feasting (1), offer (2), sacrifice (98), sacrifices (54), sacrificial (1), slaughter (1).

The Jehovah's Witness believe that if you do not feast with them at their table it is proof you do not love righteousness and justice. Anyone not feasting with them is deserving death.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the announcment "you deserve to die" called?

What if it's said against a nation? Agaist a leader? Against a friend?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Watching them beat the air is not fun. I think thinking is fun!

I therefore thus run, as not uncertainly; so I combat, as not beating the air. 1 Corinthians 9:26

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Any of humankind who has taken the power to rule the rule has always ended in disaster. The Jehovah's Witnesses want You to believe this time it will be different. It won't imo. Why should I believe this time it will be different?

Daniel 2:44

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The governing body have told You how to interpret Daniel 2:44 for the governing body. Not for peace but for war. Not for freedom but for restraint. Not for an abundance for everyone but for what is needed for the few believers. You might think you are safe because you believe in God. Not so, according to JW theology. You must believe in the one sent by the one sent.