• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

will there be a long line for confession tonight :)

outhouse

Atheistically
With the world ending

This will be a test on who's drinking the koolaid

and those that want to just cover their bases in case LOL

Today seems just a beautiful day here :)

has to a earthquake somewhere with someone screaming the rapture has started lol

I dont drink that koolaid and hope harold camping has a horrible accident for our faithfull friends he has hurt with his personal cult

Man of Faith

I don't know of any religious people in my area that are taking that seriously and I know a lot of religious people. Jesus said that no one knows the hour or day, not even him or the angels.

petewentz

Fallout Boy
I don't think any Catholics would honestly believe this anyway...isn't it just a certain branch of Christianity?

Noaidi

slow walker
Outhouse

Can I ask what the Koolaid reference is all about? (forgive me, I'm a foreigner!)

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Thanks for that. I remember seeing a documentary on this a few years ago. Shocking story.

Yeah its one of those things that we learn about in American history class in high school. I might have even watched the same documentary in school. :)... but yeah, its worked its way into the American vernacular as a figure of speech. I'm sure a few hundered years from now, people will be like, "what in the H E double hockey sticks does that mean?" People won't use the word hell a few hundered years from now... :p

phillip sell

Confessing is a placebo for people who just want to feel better by doing a
religious work. If you have a friend and you do them wrong, especially on purpose
they might forgive you if you don't confess, they might forgive you if you do confess
they might just stop being your friend if your offence is really serious, but how can you forgive without some understanding of reconciliation and the value of another person. We take these topic for granted, but the truth is God put these eternal ideas in our heart so we would see our need for His forgiveness and realize how much he values our eternal souls that He would send His Son as our Savior.
Forget Howard Camping, going to confession, flee to Jesus!

BruceDLimber

With the world ending...

Not only is that not going to happen (the actual meaning of the Greek verse is "end of the Age," NOT "end of the world!), but you're ignoring the fact that Roman and Orthodox Catholics DON'T BELIEVE IN the so-called "rapture," anyway!!

So since they're the ones who do confession, this is true apples and oranges, and you've completely missed the boat with this question.

Peace,

Bruce

outhouse

Atheistically
Not only is that not going to happen

wrong yesterday is one day closer to the end of the world. someday the world will end IF you want to be a smart alec about it and get literal

but you're ignoring the fact that Roman and Orthodox Catholics DON'T BELIEVE IN the so-called "rapture," anyway!!

whats with the "your" i dont believe any of that garbage ,,,,, end of world or age
I believe it to be ancient fiction.

So since they're the ones who do confession, this is true apples and oranges, and you've completely missed the boat with this question.

your opinion only, I believe you missed the boat with your reply

peace

out

McBell

Admiral Obvious
i think it originally came from the jim jones massacre...
I thought the Jim Jones indecent was deemed a mass suicide?
Other than the five who where murdered, the other 909 members drank cyanide laced kool-aid.
Bet Kool-Aid brand hated the publicity...

waitasec

Veteran Member
I thought the Jim Jones indecent was deemed a mass suicide?
Other than the five who where murdered, the other 909 members drank cyanide laced kool-aid.

yes it was ...the term...don't drink the cool aid...implies don't be so gullible

Bet Kool-Aid brand hated the publicity...
unless it boosted their profits...
;)